NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on Jharkhand Industrial Training Officer Competitive Examination (JITOCE) – 2023 and CEMCA Skillfest 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week:
The Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC) has announced the notification for the Jharkhand Industrial Training Officer Competitive Examination (JITOCE) – 2023. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam starting from June 23 through the official website jssc.nic.in. The deadline for submitting applications is July 22. The JSSC JITOCE 2023 aims to fill 904 vacancies for Industrial Training Officers through a competitive examination.
Here is the link to the notification: https://jssc.nic.in/sites/default/files/Brochure-JITOCE-2023_(Regular)_Final.pdf
Skill development news from the government
- The UGC (Institutions Deemed to be Universities) Regulations, 2023 were launched on June 2nd, 2023 to elevate quality, boost research, and transform higher education.
- In the first six days, more than 800,000 students and faculty members from over 7,000 institutes actively participated in 14,000+ events during the Jan Bhagidari events. Read more…
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th June 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
Skill development news from the industry
- MSDE and NSDC jointly organized a two-day job mela called ‘Kaushal Mahotsav’ on June 3rd and 4th, 2023, at the national skill training institute.
- VK Singh, Director of POWERGRID, officially launched the book titled ‘Andragogical Interventions – The Models for Skill Development’.
- NSDC, Medhavi Skills University, and Inter National Institute of Fashion Design have signed an MoU to offer academic credit-based courses in Design, including Fashion Design and Interior Design, leading to professional Degrees and Diplomas.
- CII-Nihon Edutech has achieved a milestone by sending 300 skilled youths from across India to work as technical interns with different companies in Japan through the TITP Program.
- Tata Technologies has recently inaugurated 22 Tech Centres in Tamil Nadu to cater to the needs of Industry 4.0 and also provide industrial support for trainers’ training and ensure the maintenance of the new infrastructure.
- Cyient Foundation has set up a Rural Skill Development Centre in Mahabubnagar to empower rural girls through skill training and employment generation.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Maharashtra has 1.5 lakh seats available in 83 branches of ITIs this year, with 257 new batches affiliated for students seeking admissions.
Skill development news from the academia
- Deakin University has opened its hubs in India to promote transnational education collaboration to the Indian students and provide quality education in Australia.
- TISS-SVE Mumbai has partnered with Maharashtra State Board of Skill, Vocational Education and Training to offer innovative vocational education programs for the academic year 2023-24.
- UGC shared that over 1 crore students have registered with the Academic Bank of Credits (ABC) which was launched with NEP 2020.
- The Uttarakhand Department of Education and the ‘Development Consortium’ have entered into a partnership agreement to promote quality education and holistic student development.
- Medhavi Skills University has introduced a new-age work-integrated curriculum aimed at bridging the gap between theoretical learning and practical application, addressing the skill gap.
- Symbiosis Skills and Professional University hosted a National Conference on ‘Innovative Teaching-Learning and Training in Higher Education and Skill Development’ to promote quality education and innovative teaching approaches.
- NIT Jamshedpur is set to enhance its collaboration with local industries, emphasizing student training and exploring joint initiatives to foster stronger ties between academia and industry.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: The Assam government has officially launched the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 in higher educational institutions.
- Himachal Pradesh: Governor Shiv Pratap Shukla highlighted the importance of fostering skill development among the youth, enabling them to explore opportunities for self-employment.
- Maharashtra: A task force has been established by the Maharashtra government to discuss and plan strategies for meeting the demand for skilled manpower in European countries.
- Nagaland: The Development Association of Nagaland (DAN) organized a three-day skill development training on “basket making” for children aged 15-18 under the “Morung Project”.
- Telangana: The Telangana Industrialists Federation (TIF) has established a skill development center and common facility center at the TIF MSME Green Industrial Park to provide skill training to the youths.
- Uttarakhand: In an employment fair program organized by the Technical Education Department, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami distributed appointment letters to 272 candidates.
- Uttar Pradesh: 100 students and teachers from Uttar Pradesh left Lucknow for IIT Mandi in Himachal Pradesh to learn advanced computing, AI, robotics, connecting students with renowned technical educational institutions.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.