The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on the apprenticeships promotion and awareness creation. Along with apprenticeships promotion, this edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 28th February 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the government
- A two-day national workshop on the content of teaching-learning material and assessment under the New India Literacy Programme (NILP) was organized by the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL) and Ministry of Education.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched Yuva Sangam portal, will focus on conducting exposure tours of the youth comprising of students & off-campus youngsters from North Eastern States to other states & vice versa.
- MSDE conducted the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) on February 13, in 200+ districts across the country providing youth with an opportunity to strengthen their livelihood and learn new skills.
- CSDCI will organize six workshops on Advocacy on Apprenticeship and Skilling in Guwahati, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru and Delhi scheduled between the last week of Feb till the second week of April. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC and Jain University have signed an MoU to impart Work-Integrated Learning Skill Program (WILSP) to enhance the employability of the youth primarily from rural & tribal parts of India.
- Goldi Solar collaborated with L&T Public Charitable Trust to create a curriculum for a fast-paced skill development program specific to solar PV manufacturing.
- Indian Hotels Company Limited (IHCL) has announced its partnership with VFS Global for a hospitality-focused academy in Lucknow, aims to provide skilling opportunities to the youth in the community.
- To offer need-based training to rural women and individuals from low-income groups, Reliance Jio has announced a national Digital Skill Program in association with GSMA.
- NTPC Korba inaugurated retail associate training program to make women self-reliant and provide employment opportunities.
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited announced its partnership with DSEU to train youth in automobile retail and making them employable.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Students at the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in rural Maharashtra have received offers from Japan and Germany for the first time.
- The 5th National Auto Tech fest was organized by St Aloysius ITI in collaboration with TATA Motors and SKIP for its LEAP (Learn and Earn Program). on February 9 to 11.
- To increase the credibility and recognition of ITIs, which it refers to as the “backbone” of vocational education in India, NITI Aayog has suggested a separate central board for vocational education.
Skill development news from the academia
- To prepare Indian applicants for global market, the Institute of Occupational Training Services (IOTS) has announced plans to open 53 centres across India.
- SNGOU signed two MoUs with the Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) for academic activities in the field of decentralisation of power and Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) to form guidelines for the development and training of skill development programs.
- To increase high-tech culture among students, AICTE introduces SWAYAM online credit courses on Intellectual Property Rights and Remote Sensing.
- SSC NASSCOM announced a collaboration with Red Hat to offer the first set of six training courses aligned to NSQF. Accepted by NCVET these courses will be available on SSC NASSCOM platforms.
- For environmental education, UGC has introduced draft guidelines and curriculum frameworks at the undergraduate level.
- An agreement between DSEU and the UNDP was signed with the purpose of improving women’s access to employment and entrepreneurial opportunities in New Delhi.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 07022023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-07022023/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: Under PMKVY, 71,558 people have been placed in Andhra Pradesh from 2018 to 2022. Electronics and hardware, apparel, logistics, retail and IT- ITes have been the top sectors in terms of training.
- Jammu and Kashmir: In accordance with the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020, the J&K government has decided to provide industry exposure to students attending government schools.
- Karnataka: The Karnataka Department of Collegiate and Technical Education and Samsung Semiconductor India Research (SSIR) have signed an MOU to establish ‘Industrial Internet of Things Labs’ (IoT Innovation Labs) in 35 government polytechnics.
- Punjab: Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) signed an MOU with the Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) to set up a dedicated Skill Development Centre of Excellence in Hoshiarpur for the automotive industry.
- Uttar Pradesh: The UP government is training youth in order to prepare them as skilled manpower for suitable placements in various industrial units, with the aim of ensuring the progress of its citizens.