NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on NSN Webinar series on 21st Century Skills for Teachers, Trainers and Adjunct Faculty, FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS). This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week:
NEP 2020 Quiz
On August 10th, 2023, in celebration of Independence Day, Team NSN organized a quiz about NEP 2020 and received a positive response. If you’re interested in participating, kindly click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-quiz/
Are you Ready for the 21st Century Classroom? Registrations are now open for the session two
Team NSN is organising a free webinar series titled “Are you Ready for the 21st Century Classroom?” The webinar series will have three webinars for teachers, trainers, instructors, facilitators, and adjunct faculty.
Session 2: 21st Century Skills for Teachers, Trainers and Adjunct Faculty
- Date: August 19th, 2023
- Time: 11:30 am
Click on the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/are-you-ready-for-the-21s-century-classroom-a-webinar-series-from-team-nsn/
To register for the webinar, please click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-webinar-series-are-you-ready-for-the-21st-century-classroom-2/
FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing the 14th Edition of its flagship FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) on September 20-21, 2023, at FICCI, New Delhi. Click on the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ficci-to-organize-the-14th-global-skills-summit-2023-building-skills-empowering-youth-creating-future/
Skill development news from the government
- Over 129,000 individuals have been trained through the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY), aimed at enhancing people’s soft skills to excel in foreign destinations.
- The Ministry of Education has provided details about numerous significant achievements as part of the NEP 2020 to revolutionize the Education Sector.
- MSDE launched a special initiative for North-East Region to empower 2.5 lakh youth with Industry Relevant Skills called ‘Empowering Futures: Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Read more…
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has laucnhed the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system in NAPS. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- The Indian embassy in Tokyo has set up a Skill Facilitation Cell to enhance the India-Japan skill connection and facilitate the deployment of skilled Indian youth to Japan.
- Canadian Wood, also known as Forestry Innovation Consulting India (FII India), has inaugurated a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Mumbai in partnership with Caple Industrial Solutions, serving as the official knowledge and training partner.
- OPPO India signed an MoU with Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) to empower women in rural areas with cyber skills through the CSC Academy, promoting self-reliance.
- NSDCI has partnered with Japanese HR firm Technosmile Inc to offer foreign recruitment services, expanding job opportunities for candidates in Japan.
- PTC India Limited and the Power Sector Skill Council (PSSC) have collaborated to enhance skill development and capacity building within India’s power industry.
- By 2025, NSDC aims to dispatch one hundred thousand qualified nursing professionals to different nations, including the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
- NSDC and Pearson collaborate to enhance employability skills of Indian youth and introduce Pearson VUE’s IT Specialist Certification and English Language Testing programs onto NSDC’s eLearning platforms.
- Ericsson and TSSC launch a Center of Excellence at DSEU for 5G and emerging technology training. The program includes job placements after module completion, benefiting around 300 students in the first year.
Skill development news from the ITI
- Three new government industrial training institutes are set to open in Bihar, established by the Labour Resources Department. These institutes will be located in Navinagar (Aurangabad), Raghopur (Vaishali), and Garkha (Saran).
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour & Skill Development emphasized the importance of placements for evaluating ITIs’ effectiveness and recommended linking ITIs with small and medium-sized enterprises for better integration.
- The Assam government has chosen to allocate 3.24% of seats under the OBC quota in ITIs for the Ahom, Moran, Matak, Chutia, and Koch-Rajbongshi communities.
Skill development news from the academia
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Meta have announced the launch of the “Creators of Metaverse” program, aims to equip India’s youth with skills for the future of immersive technology.
- As part of the mission recruitment drive, the Ministry of Education has filled more than 13,000 vacancies in Central Higher Education Institutions (CHEIs) within a span of 10 months.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Haryana: Haryana School Shiksha Pariyojna Parishad has partnered with Magic Bus India Foundation to empower government school teachers to provide life skills education for holistic adolescent development.
- Sikkim: The Sikkim government to enhance its skill development center to boost youth employability in Japan and Korea. Plans include introducing foreign languages like Japanese in schools and colleges.
- Tamil Nadu: The Naan Mudhalvan scheme, aimed at imparting skill training and employment to youth, has achieved significant success, training over 1.3 million students and securing jobs for many in its first year.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.