This week our focus, like the rest of the skilling ecosystem, is on the soon-to-be-launched revamped version of the government’s Skill India initiative. This week’s NSN weekly newsbytes also include several other important updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem, in addition to the update related to the restructuring of the Skill India initiative.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
- In order to provide young people in the country with “future ready skills,” the government will soon launch a revamped version of its Skill India initiative.
- Three ITIs in Karnataka, Gujrat and Assam will be developed into ‘Green ITIs’ by Quest Alliance. Rainwater harvesting, solar power, waste management, and sustainable gardening envisages the green plan.
- Government schools each receive 45k to facilitate industry visits for class 11 and 12 students receiving NSQF vocational training in Ludhiana.
Skill development news from the government
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan addressed the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas 2023 plenary session on ‘Enabling Global Mobility of Indian Workforce – Role of Indian Diaspora’ on January 10, 2023. Read more…
- The Center is relaunching its “Skill India” initiative through PMKVY 4.0, with the aim of educating over 1,45,050 youth in the country’s North East region.
Skill development news from the industry
- TSSC held an “Telecom Vision to 5G Skilling” and announced to place 1.25 lakh youth and establish 50 new labs across India.
- Legrand India launches the ‘Legrand PowerUp Program,’ an advanced skill development program with CII certification for domestic electricians seeking to improve their skills.
- In order to train 1 lakh youth in the next 10 years for advanced skills, GODREJ & BOYCE promotes skilling initiatives for GREEN JOBS for the youth.
- To increase job opportunities for India’s skilled workforce in Malaysia, NSDCI has signed MoUs with PRIMAS and Kuala Lumpur & Selangor Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KLSICCI).
Skill development news from the ITI
- Imnatiba, advisor for labour, employment, skill development, and entrepreneurship, originally inaugurated ITI Longleng in Pongo, Nagaland.
- Berhampur ITI in Odisha to celebrate FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 with entry in Guinness Book of Records, students are making two hockey sticks and a hockey ball with scrap iron.
- 34 women have successfully completed their driver training as part of the “Atma Nirbhar Madhya Pradesh” program, run by the regional transport officer with assistance from ITI Nanda Nagar.
- L & T held the Kaushal Utsav, a festival of skills, on January 7, 2023 to commemorate the end of a 5-day specialised training program for 1000 ITI trainers from Maharashtra.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- Salvatore International School signs an MOU with the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology’s (NIELIT) to implement digital literacy curriculum.
- SKUAST organised the inaugural Skill Development Programs for Rural Youth (STRY), certificate courses on Integrated Nutrient Management, and diploma in Agricultural Extension Services for Input Dealers (DAESI), and the valedictory of 30 various training programs.
- Ahmedabad’s education committee suggests skill development training to Signal School students in collaboration with Anant National University.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Arunachal Pradesh: The district industries centre organised a one-day skill mela and skill development sensitization & awareness rally at the Tawang.
- Haryana: Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar approved the opening of innovative skill schools in 10 districts of the state on January 11, 2023, to support skill education at the school level.
- Jharkhand: The Jharkhand government decided to implement 80 schools of excellence in addition to rolling out vocational training to students in 325 block-level model schools to provide employment-oriented education.
- Meghalaya: In the next two months, the country’s first centre of excellence in online gaming will be established in Shillong to encourage start-ups and entrepreneurs from the north eastern region to build the next generation of online gaming ecosystem.
- Telangana: The Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTCCI) will establish a training centre in Hyderabad with the goal of developing a skilled workforce for the manufacturing sector.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 10012023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-10012023/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply