NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- NSDC and the National Highways Infrastructure Development Corporation (NHIDCL) have signed MoU to collaborate on a number of initiatives aimed at making India the world’s skill capital.
- Entigrity has signed an MOU with the Government of Kerala and Additional Skill Acquisition Programme Kerala (ASAP) to equip the youth with advanced skill sets.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the industry
Central Bharat Sevak Samaj – National Conference and 70th Anniversary Celebrations- https://youtu.be/wZ4jywyQwXs
- NSDC aims to work with foreign universities to launch the Skill India learning management system and new programmes to socialise skilling.
- Accenture collaborates with AWS to support the launch of cloud computing careers through a skill development program for unemployed youth in India.
- The Nuh district administration has started a special training programme to prepare drivers for the post-pandemic world in collaboration with two organisations.
- Ramesh Sippy, a filmmaker, has been named the next chairman of the Media and Entertainment Skills Council (MESC).
- As part of its CSR initiative, Legrand, signed an MOU with GLA University in Mathura to establish a centre of excellence for UPS maintenance.
- Amazon India and the Council of Handicrafts Development Corporations (COHANDS) have signed an MOU to aid the expansion of more than 50,000 weavers and artisans connected to more than 100 craft clusters.
- Microsoft has partnered with MSDE and the Capacity Building Commission (CBC) to equip Indian civil servants with skills for the future. Read more…
Skill development news from ITI
- The government announced its plan to improve industrial training institutes (ITIs), for which it has allotted Rs 4,000 crore, with the goal of enhancing vocational training.
- To graduate the best training in line with industry standards, St. Aloysius Industrial Training Institute’s (ITI) partnership with Hyundai organised a graduation ceremony for the 7th batch of students.
Skill development news from the academia
- 100 colleges in the state have been chosen by the Information and Communication Technology Academy of Kerala (ICTAK) for skills training and degree courses.
- K.B.N. Manimala, CEO of Sankar Foundation, presented the Certificate of Proficiency to the first group of students who finished a one-year apprenticeship as part of the Skill India programme.
- To provide students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds with technological skills, Sony India Software Centre Pvt Ltd. partnered with the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) Pravartak Technologies Foundation.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy stated education to be given top priority, and outlined plans to support the industry, including plans to renovate 55,000 schools and focus on skill development.
- Goa: Under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, the state government has established a Skill Hub at Margao ITI where students would receive a six-month networking course.
- New Delhi: The CMPDI, RI-IV, Nagpur and CIPET signed a Memorandum of Agreement, which is being funded for 120 students in four batches and has granted Rs. 84 lakhs for the skill development programme.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 09082022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-09082022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply