The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on CEMCA-NSN online skills competition 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th May 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the government
- Addressing the program for newly inducted teachers in Madhya Pradesh, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi stated the new National Education Policy is implemented considering the requirements of modern and developed India.
- On the occasion of Rozgar Mela on April 13, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed appointment letters to about 71,000 new recruits in government departments and organisations.
Skill development news from the industry
- In order to strengthen Malaysia’s industry-driven skills framework for critical occupations in key sectors as well as TVET education, TalentCorp Malaysia and NSDC signed an MoU.
- The National Real Estate Development Council and NBCC (India) have signed an MoU to enhance the skill ecosystem and provide NSQF-aligned certification to the large section of uncertified construction workers primarily working on the sites of NBCC.
- To provide Indian youth with employment opportunities in the healthcare and related sectors internationally, NSDC International and the AIIMS Bathinda have signed an MoU.
- Tata Steel Mining Limited (TSML) has created a specialised apprenticeship program for women in its Odisha operations, with the aim of empowering women through employment opportunities in non-traditional sectors.
- As part of the Samsung Innovation Campus program, 3,000 students would be trained in AI, IoT, Big Data, and Coding & Programming in eight cities across India in 2023.
- To provide skill training to candidates from Economically Weaker parts (EWS) and marginalised sections of society, NSDC has signed an MoU with Yamaha Motor Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan unveiled the digital version of the Employability Skills Curriculum for students enrolled in India’s Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) on April 11th, 2023, Read more…
- For the Agnipath Outreach Program, the Indian Army has extended the outreach for the recruitment to various ITIs of national and state level across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- IIT Nashik to provide skill training on maintenance and repairs of Rafale fighter jets. The Maharashtra government has also given its approval to Aeronautical Structure and Equipment Fitter.
Skill development news from the academia
- NITKAL (Nihon-UTKAL) has partnered with Odisha University of Technology and Research to establish a skill development centre in Odisha to cater to the huge demand for skilled workforce in Japan.
- UGC released National Credit Framework (NCrF), will allow students to earn credits for education and learning in all subjects in mediums including online and blended learning.
- As part of a ground-breaking project that has been granted $1.8 million in funding from the Federal Government, the University of Adelaide will take the lead in strengthening skills courses in India.
- CBSE has introduced 33 skills modules for students of class 6 to 8 under NEP 2020, 70% of the time duration will be devoted to hand-on activities and 30% for theory.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: To encourage the rehabilitation of the kin of the force’s martyrs, the Jammu and Kashmir Police and the Food Craft Institute (FCI) Jammu signed an MoU.
- Kerala: 23 projects will be implemented at a cost of 58 crores for skill development at the local level, which provides jobs along with studies. Kaushal centres will be established at Pathanamthitta and Thiruvantapurram.
- Odisha: As first of its kind event in India, Odisha Skill Conclave-2023, will be organised from April 20 to April 22 at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Punjab: The Punjab government will provide free skill training for seven optional in-demand job roles as part of the “Parivartan” scheme to prepare youth for employment.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.