NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focus on Skills for women making a career comeback, an online interactive workshop facilitated by Team NSN, FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skills for women making a career comeback – Online interactive workshop
Are you ready to make a powerful career comeback? Due to high demand, Team NSN is excited to announce our exclusive online interactive workshop called ‘Skills for women making a career comeback”. Join us as we guide you through the art of making a remarkable career comeback, providing you with essential skillsets and renewed self-belief to conquer the ever-evolving professional landscape.
Date: October 14, 2023
Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
To register for the workshop, please click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/skills-for-women-making-a-career-comeback/
Intercontinental Education Insight – Indo German Collaboration Webinar
German Varsity is organising the second webinar in the Indo-German Collaboration Webinar Series, which will be on the topic “Industrial Apprenticeships linkages for effective Vocational Education”
Register now to be a part of an insightful discussion and understand more!
Date: 29th September 2023
Time: 4:30 PM (IST)
To register now, click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/indo-german-webinars/
FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing the 14th Edition of its flagship FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) on September 20-21, 2023, at FICCI, New Delhi. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ficci-to-organize-the-14th-global-skills-summit-2023-building-skills-empowering-youth-creating-future/
Skill development news from the government
- The Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, launched Skill India Digital (SID), a comprehensive digital platform, on September 13, 2023. Read more…
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla launched ‘Skills on Wheels’ with NSDC and IndusInd Bank, aiming to empower 60,000 rural youth over five years, improving livelihoods.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the ‘PM Vishwakarma Scheme’ during the celebration of Vishwakarma Jayanti in New Delhi on September 17, 2023, for traditional artisans and craftspeople across India. Read more…
- The government of India has launched the PM DAKSH portal, which is designed to enable individuals with disabilities to access training, register for skill development programs, and discover employment prospects.
Skill development news from the industry
- Vodafone Idea (Vi) Foundation, in partnership with the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC), has launched the IoT centre of excellence at IGDTUW to bridge the skills gap between industry and skill requirements.
- Pidilite Industries Ltd. collaborates with Kaushalya – The Skill University (KSU), Govt. of Gujarat, to launch the Pidilite Woodworking and Plumbing Centre for Advanced Skills (PWP), catering to the growing demand for advanced woodworking and plumbing skills.
- The ASDC Annual Conclave 2023, which took place on September 15th, 2023, centered around the theme “Skilling – Forging the Future Together”, aimed to bolster skill development for increased employment prospects within the automotive sector.
- CASE Construction Equipment receives the Silver Award in the ‘Livelihood’ category at the 10th National CSR Times Award 2023 for its skill development programs, Hunar and LEAD, aimed at empowering Indian youth through skills training and entrepreneurship.
- Apparel Made-Ups and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSSC) and PSGR Krishnammal College for Women have entered into an MoU to create a cutting-edge Center of Excellence in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, aimed to meet industry demands.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited has provided job-oriented skill training in textiles to women to stich garments and enable self-employment at Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh.
Skill development news from the academia
- The IIT Council, representing Indian higher education institutions, has signed an MoU with the Association of American Universities (AAU) to create and garner support for the Indo-US Global Challenges Institute.
- IIM Indore and NSDC have partnered to revolutionize skill development and entrepreneurship in India through research, rural entrepreneurship incubation, and dynamic skilling programs.
- The UGC has launched a capacity-building program to foster the comprehensive growth of 15 lakh higher education teachers and instill ethical values in alignment with NEP 2020.
- The Nora Solomon Foundation (NSF), a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering high-quality education, vocational training, and healthcare services, has officially introduced its NSF Skill Development Center in Sector 106.
- ITI Rajouri conducts a Mobile Repair Technician Course as a customized initiative supported by the SANKALP program, designed to empower underprivileged youth in the region.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jharkhand: During Jharkhand Entrepreneurship Summit 2023 organised by CII on September 15th, 2023, the government of Jharkhand announced its plans to set up a dedicated Industrial Park for Tribal Entrepreneurs.
- Rajasthan: The Rajasthan government plans to offer online training through the Mukhya Mantri Yuva Sambal Yojana (MMYSY) to empower and offer skill development and employment prospects for the youth.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.