NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on 4th G20 meeting in Pune, various partnerships from NSDC and MSDE on skill development. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week:
- The Ministry of Education to host the G20 4th EdWG meeting in Pune, Maharashtra from June 20th to 21st, 2023.
- An MoU has been signed between NSDC, ‘Labour, Employment, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship (LESDE) department, and Medhavi Skills University, Sikkim to establish an International Centre for Innovation and Skills Excellence in Mizoram.
- The Learn and Earn Scheme has been introduced by the Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education with the aim of boosting employability among the youth.
Skill development news from the government
- The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) was conducted on June 12th, 2023 across the country, offering local youth career-shaping apprenticeship opportunities.
- Smt. Annapurna Devi, Union Minister of State for Education, inaugurated a multimedia exhibition highlighting best practices in education, FLN, digital initiatives, research, and skill development.
Naval Dockyard, Mumbai is inviting online applications from candidates who are ITI qualified or fresher in designated trades for apprenticeship training at Dockyard Apprentice School, as per the Apprentice Act-1961. The last date to submit the application is on June 24th, 2023.
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd is inviting application from ITI candidates having National Trade Certificates issues by NCVT, SCVT from government/affiliated institutes. The last date to submit the application is on June 28th, 2023.
To know more about the recent apprenticeship updates, please visit https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC and MSDE have collaborated with various organizations to boost skill development and provide impactful training programs. Read more…
- A dedicated sector skill council for the direct selling industry has been proposed at the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) Skill Summit, aims to offer entrepreneurship opportunities to a large number of individuals.
- IHCL collaborates with Tata STRIVE to create a hospitality skill center at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur to offer skill-building programs for the youth.
- The 100-day skill development program on “Tailoring and Fashion Designing” organized by Electrosteel Castings Limited (ECL) concluded with a valedictory function.
- Burlington English and NSDC collaborate for career-focused skill development, enhancing language proficiency as per NOS.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The Government ITI at Tiruverumbur to offer four new courses on Advanced CNC Machining Technician; Basic Designer and Virtual Verifier (Mechanical); Manufacturing Process Control and Automation and Industrial Robotics and Digital Manufacturing Technician.
- The Tamil Nadu government has partnered with Tata Technologies to transform 71 government ITIs into technology centers for Industry 4.0.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- From the upcoming academic year, autonomous colleges in Maharashtra will introduce four-year undergraduate courses under NEP 2020.
- 41-degree colleges have received authorization to offer sector skill council courses, enabling students to acquire industry-specific skills and participate in paid internships during their coursework.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh State Skill Development Board partners with Unnati Sanstha to provide employment skill training to 50,000 students.
- Maharashtra: The state government plans to establish skill development centers in community centers and industrial hubs to enhance the abilities of employees and businesses in their specific domains.
- Jammu and Kashmir: A District Skill Committee meeting was conducted in Anantnag to review the advancement of skill training programs implemented under initiatives like B2V4, MTMP, and PMKVY.
- Telangana: The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) has announced the first-phase seat allotment for Degree Online Services, Telangana (DOST) 2023. A total of 73,220 students have been allotted seats.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.