The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on the NITI Aayog report on important recommendations to transform Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs). Along with the report, this edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 28th February 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE, Mysore Industries Association, and MSME Council organised a one-day awareness session on apprenticeship schemes for small and medium scale enterprises, service providers, and commercial businesses on February 14, 2023.
- PMKVY placed 69,209 candidates in Gujarat, accounting for only 17% of those trained under the scheme.
- In order to improve the employability and entrepreneurship of more than 15000 candidates, Indian Railways imparts training in a variety of trades through Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana scheme.
- India successfully organized the first meeting of the G20 Digital Economy Working Group in Lucknow on February 13 to February 15, 2023, to address digital public infrastructure, cybersecurity, and digital skilling.
Skill development news from the industry
- Red Hat and Sector Skills Council (SSC) of NASSCOM have collaborated to offer the first set of six Red Hat Training courses that are in line with the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
- VFS Global partners with FUEL to train girls in future-ready skills in JAVA and Artificial Intelligence, as well as internship opportunities, career support, and mentoring.
- To work towards a common goal of sustainable development in various fields in Alang, Bhavnagar, Gujarat, Leela Worldwise, MRIDA and Great Easter CSR foundation partnered together.
- Statiq has announced a white paper on skill development in the Indian EV sector and have covered a vast amount of research in the automotive sector, employment potential, current initiatives in India, among others.
- To provide healthcare services and skill development training as part of its CSR initiative, The Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) has signed three different MOAs with the MNJ Institute of Oncology & Regional Cancer Centre, The Kalgidhar Society, Baru Sahib, Sirmaur, HP, and PSSC.
- To equip the workforce of the future with skills for the future, Microsoft and Shell have formed a partnership to impart digital skills to students in vocational education institutes.
- Choice International Ltd. launches a CSR initiative program that helps students from all around the country and offers free, quality education in vernacular languages as well as important competitive exams.
- A webinar on NEP 2020 & Early Childhood Education (Today’s Children are Tomorrow’s Citizens) is being organised by the National Child Development Council (NCDC) for the welfare of children, on February 25, 2023.
- To enhance Uttar Pradesh’s Industry 4.0 ecosystem, Tata Group will invest more than Rs 42 billion in technical education and skill development.
- Under the Skill India Mission, the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and HDFC Life have partnered to boost self-employment and boost entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To ensure the effective execution of the NIPUN project for bridging the skill gaps in construction workers, NAREDCO is partnering with NSDC.
- 52,700 more people were hired into project development roles in India in FY22 than in FY21, according to a recent study, which showed that the country’s workforce for solar and wind energy increased eight-fold.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- To upgrade 150 government ITIs and run long- and short-term courses, the Uttar Pradesh government will sign a MoA with Tata Technology Limited.
- At the ITI Berhrampur Vikram Sarabhai space exhibition, a team of 11 scientists from the Space Applications Centre, a major ISRO center, attended.
NITI Aayog, a public policy think tank of the Government of India, has recently released a report titled “Transforming Industrial Training Institutes” in January 2023. In this report, NITI Aayog made several important recommendations for future modifications to the ITI ecosystem, along with a thorough list of suggestions for reforming ITIs. Read more…
Skill development news from the academia
- The Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) and the British Council signed an Operational Alliance Agreement (OAA) to achieve progressive and positive outcomes in higher education.
- The UGC will shortly launch the UTSAH- Undertaking Transformative Strategies and Actions in Higher Education Portal, which will be used to collect data on the qualitative reforms implemented by higher education institutions.
- To work on the core idea of NEP 2020 during India’s G20 presidency, DAVV and Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka signed a memorandum of understanding.
- A group of students from Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies’ Department of Automobile Engineering FET won second place in the competition for the EV Skill Development Program.
- Daikin Japanese Institute of Manufacturing Excellence (DJIME) has created a virtual academy to raise awareness about the Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: Under the joint collaboration of the State Technical Education Department and the State Technical Education and Training Council, the polytechnic curriculum will be modified to meet industrial needs.
- Arunachal Pradesh: During the annual skill mela held by the Shi-Yomi District Industries Center in collaboration with ArSRLM, over 50 participants registered for various jobs under the PMKVY, the CMYKY, the ITIs, and the NAPS.
- Assam: A new program designed to strengthen farmer producer organisations (FPOs) in the state has been launched, according to an announcement from Mastercard and ACCESS Development Services.
- Maharashtra: Union minister Anurag Thakur said the Maharashtra government is focussing on skill development among the youth through 30 skill India centres.
- Odisha: TPNODL inaugurated the newly established Vocational Training Centre (VTC) at Rairangpur, Mayurbhanj, will provide free skilling and employability training for the women and youth of the community.
- Uttar Pradesh: The Government of Uttar Pradesh and the India Cellular & Electronics Association (ICEA) have signed an MoU for investments in electronics manufacturing and a skill hub to meet domestic demand and exports.
- Tamil Nadu: The registrars of state universities have been requested by the Tamil Nadu higher education administration to start including skill-based courses under the Naan Mudhalvan scheme this semester.
- Telangana: In the Government Degree College for Women in Karimnagar, Telangana, Samsung has launched the “Samsung Innovation Campus” to upskill the students in such areas such as coding and programming.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply