The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on Framework Mechanism for Mutual Recognition of Qualifications. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
Skill development news from the government
- India and Australia signed a Framework Mechanism for Mutual Recognition of Qualifications that will ease student and professional mobility between the two countries.
- PMKVY 4.0, to be launched soon by the Central Government, recent data revealed 17.7 percent of youth had been placed under the PMKVY scheme.
- To transform the rural youth into economically independent and globally relevant workforce, the Ministry of Ayush and the Ministry of Rural Development have signed an MoU.
- The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela was held on March 20, 2023 in more than 200 areas across the nation and was organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, under the Ministry of Education, organised a seminar on “Strengthening Research and Promoting Innovation via Richer Collaboration” Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- Domestic Workers Sector Skill Council (DWSSC) held a round table conference 2023 on Nayi Disha – Hunar se Rozgar Tak at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Read more…
- The Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) celebrated its 10th foundation day on March 18, 2023 Read more…
- The US and India signed an MoU on Semiconductor Supply Chain and Innovation Partnership, aims to create a collaborative mechanism between the two governments on semiconductor supply chain resiliency and diversification.
- Scaler partnered with NSDC to help India meet its growing demand for software development engineers, data scientists and machine learning specialists through its upskilling programs.
- The coding and programming, AI, and IoT courses for its first batch of 88 students were concluded in Bhubaneswar by Samsung India’s flagship CSR program, Samsung Innovation Campus.
- To establish the centre of excellence and an incubation centre in Baramati, and to prioritize skill development as a key focus area, Bharat Forge collaborated with Vidya Pratishthan.
- SANY India has signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh’s National Academy of Construction to train the youth and prepare them for skilled employment opportunities.
- To boost the skills of the young workforce, HDFC ERGO General Insurance company launches the “Vidyaavriksh” learning academy, will focus on specialised courses and function-specific training pathways.
- In the Q4 2022 (Jan to Mar 2023) Apprenticeship Outlook Report released by TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship, 79% of employers are expecting to increase their apprentice intake.
- According to Borzo’s survey, 84% of gig workers prefer speaking in the local language when delivering orders, and a staggering 82% prefer interacting online through the delivery app.
- According to a Meity official, India lacks the talent required for chip manufacturing and will need 10–13k resources by 2027 for manufacturing semiconductors.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- At ITI Rajouri, Dr. Asgar Hassan Samoon, Principal Secretary, Skill Development Department (SDD), inaugurated an Information and Communication Technology Laboratory and visited various sections of the institution.
- Six government ITIs in Telangana have been identified to establish incubation centers to encourage youth entrepreneurship as part of the union Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Ministry-funded LBI Scheme.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- The Technical Books of Diploma and Engineering, which Digital University Kerala (DUK) has translated into Malayalam, will be dedicated to the nation by President Droupadi Murmu.
- CMPDIL and CIPET have signed an MOA to provide skill development training in the field of Machine Operator to 80 youths from Jharkhand.
- SEMI University for Semiconductor Workforce Development was launched with the support of ELCINA and the Electronics Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI).
- Universities in India and Indonesia collaborate to overcome the gap in higher education by focusing on joint research programs, implementing NEP 2020, and new age technological changes.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) issued draft guidelines for introducing courses on Indian heritage and culture, as well as appointing artists as artists-in-residence in higher education educational institutions.
- The National Curriculum Framework for the Foundational Stage, a five-year structure of education for students in Nursery to Class 2, has been implemented by CBSE.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training-14032023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-14032023/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: To empower and help earn livelihood in Visakhapatnam, RINL provided skill development training to 100 Divyangjan beneficiaries.
- Himachal Pradesh: According to data from the employment exchange, despite a slight decline from the previous fiscal year, the youths without employment in Himachal Pradesh remained high at 8.21 lakh.
- Jharkhand: Chief Minister Hemant Soren of Jharkhand inaugurated the Jharniyojan portal that aims to provide a platform to employers and candidates looking for employment.
- Manipur: At Kshetrigao Awang Leikai in Imphal East, a 10-day training program on “DigiBunai (digital weaving) CAD Software” was launched for weavers and artisans.
- Nagaland: To make India a digitally empowered society, a one-day media workshop called “Vartalap” on Skill India & Digital India was held on March 18, 2023 at Hotel Japfü in Kohima.
- Uttarakhand: To develop the tourism industry by reskilling and upskilling 4000 people in hospitality, Uttarakhand Tourism signs an MoU with the Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council (THSC).
- Tamil Nadu: The Tamil Nadu government unveils its Logistics Policy and Integrated Logistics Plan 2023, that includes a strategic plan for the next 10 years and outlining identified interventions, outcomes, among others.
- Telangana: Other higher education boards and councils from all the States in the nation will receive direction and guidance from the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.