NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Watch Wing Commander Rachit Bhatnagar, CEO, Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC), talking about skill training, emerging job roles and opportunities in the aviation and drone sector with Dr. Madhuri Dubey, Founder, NSN.
Skill development news from the government
- With an aim to connect youth to employment opportunities, MSDE will be organising the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela every month from now at more than 200 locations in India.
- The Ministry of Education will launch a three-year skill-based bachelor’s degree programme for serving defence personnel under the Agnipath scheme. The goal of the programme is to improve the Agniveers’ future career prospects and equip them for various job roles in the civilian sector.
- The Indian armed forces will sign an agreement with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to develop a three-year skill-based bachelor’s degree programme for troops exiting the military under the Agnipath scheme.
Skill development news from the industry
- Avanse Financial Services has partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to provide fast and affordable financing solutions for the youth of the country.
- In order to recruit employees with broader skill sets and experience, Jetking Infotrain Limited has associated with NSDC to conduct free workshops for digital skills training.
- Vinod Patkotwar, a city entrepreneur, has been appointed Chairman of the Rubber, Chemical, and Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC). The appointment was announced at the council’s recent Board of Directors meeting in New Delhi.
Skill development news from the academia
- Aiming to enable students to work in the healthcare field under the expert faculty of IIT Jodhpur and AIIMS, both the institutes have collaborated together.
- According to Coursera’s latest Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022, Indian learners’ technology skills continue to lag in data science skills despite Cloud Computing emerging as their strongest technology skill on the platform.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – National recognition has been received by APSSDC at the second Indiglobal Education and Skills Summit in Karnataka in appreciation of the new skills policies.
- Goa – After attending the presentation about the implementation of NEP, Chief minister Pramod Sawant said that the NEP will be implemented at all institutions of higher education from next year.
- Gujarat – Kaushalya-The Skill University (KSU), Ahmedabad has tied up with more than 200 companies in order to provide around 1,800 apprenticeships and on-the-job training for undergraduate courses.
- Haryana – To empower youth and provide them with good employment opportunities in various sectors, M3M Foundation has started Skill Center, iMpower Academy in Badshahpur.
- Himachal Pradesh – PGDCA and DCA courses are being given for free for both boys and girls by Himachal Pradesh skill development corporation in Hamirpur.
- Jammu and Kashmir – A coaching project ‘Petronet Jammu Super 30’ will be provided to 30 selected students from Jammu as part of the MoU signed between Jammu-based White Knight Corps of Indian Army and Social Responsibility and Leadership (CSRL) and Petronet LNG Limited (PLL).
- Karnataka – The ITIs that has been upgraded as ‘Technology Hubs’ by the state government will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Karnataka.
- Maharashtra – Three new trade course units will be added at ITI Jalna from the academic year 2022-23 looking at the need for skilled manpower for industries.
- Dalmia Bharat Foundation has partnered with OSDA to launch DIKSHa centres in four districts of Odisha to impart skill development training to the unemployed youth of Odisha.
- Focusing on the skilled manpower in the apparel sector, the Odisha government signed an MoU with AMHSSC to launch an initiative for skill development – “Skill-based training of Mission Shakti Women Self Help Group Members as Sewing Machine Operators”.
- SECL through CIPET is providing free skill development training to the youth of the state in which 38 children have been placed.
- Tamil Nadu – The government of Tamil Nadu and Tata Technologies Ltd have signed a five-year agreement to revamp 71 ITIs into technology centres in the state to meet the industry 4.0 standards.
- Telangana – With an aim to provide better training skills and to reduce the demand-supply gap as per the market requirement, the State government will set up new ‘skill development centres’.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-14062022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.