NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on NSN Webinar series on Technology for scaling and strengthening teaching impact, FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS). This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Apprenticeship Development for Universal Lifelong Learning and Training (ADULT)
The India country report was launched recently and is a key outcome of the “Apprenticeships Development for Universal Lifelong Learning and Training (ADULT)” project by the International Labour Organization (ILO), supported by the Government of Flanders.
This project has examined the evolution of apprenticeship systems to promote lifelong learning and decent work. The report provides valuable insights into India’s progress in this regard. To access the full report, you can download it through this link: https://www.ilo.org/skills/projects/adult/WCMS_872249/lang–en/index.htm
Are you Ready for the 21st Century Classroom? Registrations are now open for the session three
Team NSN is organising a free webinar series titled “Are you Ready for the 21st Century Classroom?” The webinar series will have three webinars for teachers, trainers, instructors, facilitators, and adjunct faculty.
Session 3: Technology for scaling and strengthening teaching impact
- Date: August 26th, 2023
- Time: 11:30 am
Click on the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/are-you-ready-for-the-21s-century-classroom-a-webinar-series-from-team-nsn/
To register for the webinar, please click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-webinar-series-are-you-ready-for-the-21st-century-classroom-2/
FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing the 14th Edition of its flagship FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) on September 20-21, 2023, at FICCI, New Delhi. Click on the link to know more: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ficci-to-organize-the-14th-global-skills-summit-2023-building-skills-empowering-youth-creating-future/
Global Maritime India Summit 2023 (GMIS)
The Global Maritime India Summit 2023 (GMIS) is scheduled for October 17-19. It’s a key event uniting industry leaders to explore opportunities, address challenges, and boost investments in India’s maritime sector. Click on the link to know more: https://maritimeindiasummit.com/
Water and Plumb Conclave
Water Management and Plumbing Skill Council is organizing a Water and Plumb Conclave to commemorate its 10th Anniversary.
- Date: August 25th, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM onwards
Venue: Silver Oak, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi
To know more about the conclave, visit their website: https://wmpsc.in/
Skill development news from the government
- The ‘Lakhpati Didi’ scheme plans to skill train 2 crore women for micro-enterprises. Training includes diverse skills like plumbing, LED bulb making, and drone operation, as highlighted by PM Narendra Modi on Independence Day.
- PM Narendra Modi announced the Vishwakarma Yojana for traditional craftsmen. This scheme, benefiting mainly OBCs, launches on September 17, Vishwakarma Jayanti.
Skill development news from the industry
- EDII Ahmedabad and NTPC CSR join to empower underprivileged women near NTPC Noida and is offering training and support for self-sustainability, in line with NTPC’s women’s entrepreneurship focus.
- OYO, the hospitality tech platform, collaborated with Vishwakarma Skills University to provide on-the-job training to youth from Haryana in its vacation home business across various countries, including Denmark.
- ESSCI launched the “National Electronics & IT Olympiad” with CSC academy to empower students from secondary and senior secondary schools across India.
Skill development news from the academia
- The Hindustan Zinc Mining Academy is offering a distinctive blend of classroom and hands-on learning, guided by experienced mentors.
- Three engineering colleges of Anna University to offer a three-year BVoc degree program to skills students in footwear manufacturing, garment manufacturing and logistics.
- Elgi Vocational Training School partners with Central University of Tamil Nādu for a 3-year B. Voc program in Production Technology under NSQF, equipping students for manufacturing careers.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: The Higher Education Department (HED) of Andhra Pradesh partnered with edX, a collaboration of MIT and Harvard, for supporting the State’s online learning programs.
- Bihar: The Bihar government has proposed that the Tiruppur Exporters Association (TEA) to provide training for the garment sector’s workforce in Tiruppur. This training will be conducted through the Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM).
- Jharkhand: CM Hemant Soren distributed job offer letters at the Chaibasa Regional Job Fair on August 18. The fair aimed to provide local candidates with private sector employment under Jharkhand’s employment regulations.
- Maharashtra: Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde inaugurated 75 virtual classrooms in ITIs on August 15th, 2023 as part of the Skill India and digital initiative.
- Odisha: Hindalco’s Aditya Birla Skills Centre (ABSC) in Odisha trains 400+ youths, placing 60% in various sectors. It offers short-term multi-skilled vocational training for ages 18-28, with a minimum Class X qualification.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.