The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses a Webinar Series on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM), PoP Portal launched by UGC and Skillfest 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Highlights of this week
- A Webinar Series on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
Avaan Intellect, in collaboration with National Skills Network – NSN, invites you to register for a webinar series with 3 insightful sessions with industry experts on Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) to discuss the scope for skill development and employment in the sector.
To register for the webinar, click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/lscm-spectrum-unlocking-the-potential-of-logistics-and-supply-chain-management-lcsm-for-training-and-employment/
The National Credit Framework (NCrF), a ground-breaking policy reform introduced under the new National Education Policy (NEP 2020), is poised to revolutionise the Indian education system. This policy has the potential to tackle the Achilles heel of Indian education: bridging the gap between education and employment. Read more…
- UGC has launched the PoP (Professors of Practice) portal to monitor the implementation of NEP 2020 in HEIs. This portal tracks qualitative reforms and initiatives aligned with the NEP across the country.
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE plans to revamp existing courses and introduce new courses focused on artificial intelligence to align with future industry demands.
- PM Narendra Modi distributed 71,000 appointment letters at the Rozgar Mela. Recruits will receive training through the Karmayogi Prarambh online course.
- A high-level panel to be established by the government to oversee the implementation of NCrF, which aims to integrate academic education and skills seamlessly.
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th June 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
Skill development news from the industry
- Samsung Innovation Campus completed its first batch of 383 students in AI, Internet of Things, Big Data, and Coding and Programming courses at the University of Lucknow.
- Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru is organizing 25 skill development programs, and short-term courses in food science and technology under the CSIR Integrated Skill Initiative this financial year.
- According to ESSCI’s latest study, India’s Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) sector is projected to provide employment for over 60 lakh individuals by 2025-26.
- Adani Foundation launches world’s first skill centre in Metaverse providing General Duty Assistant for the healthcare industry and Fire Safety courses to train the youth to be future-ready professionals.
- According to the TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship report, the average apprentice stipend increased by 2% in FY23 compared to the previous fiscal year.
- JP Morgan’s study suggests that India has the potential to generate 3.5 crore green jobs by 2047 in sectors such as renewable energy, waste management, electric vehicles (EVs), green construction, and sustainable textiles.
- NSDC International and Zenken Corporation have signed an MoU to boost the acceptance of highly skilled human resources, including IT engineers and nursing care professionals.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- 550 students from Berhampur, Odisha’s Industrial Training Institute (ITI), have been recruited by Johnson Lifts and Escalators.
- To upskill the workforce and bridge the skill gap, ITIs have partnered with more than 15 firms in the Pithampur and Indore regions.
Skill development news from the academia
- To promote accessibility and comparability of higher education qualifications at all levels, UGC formulated the National Higher Education Qualifications Framework (NHEQF).
- The Kerala General Education Department, in collaboration with Samagra Shiksha Kerala, to open 210 skill development centers across the state.
- As part of the Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP), AICTE has directed all technical colleges to offer BA, BSc and BCom courses along with Bed program.
- The Maharashtra Government has issued course credit structure guidelines for NEP-compliant postgraduate courses. Universities and autonomous colleges in Maharashtra to implement these guidelines within 10 days.
- CBSE has introduced 33 new skill subjects for classes VI to VII for the current academic session including nine technology subjects such as AI, virtual reality, coding, among others.
- The Admission Committee for Professional Diploma Courses (ACPDC) has initiated the admission process for class 10 students with ITI, TEB, and IGTR backgrounds, starting from May 16th, 2023 to June 1st.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Himachal Pradesh: To promote the state’s skilled initiative, Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN) has signed three MoUs with the Instrumentation Automation Surveillance & Communication Sector Skill Council, Life Science SSC (Pharma), and NSDC International.
- Madhya Pradesh: Madhya Pradesh government approved a new scheme named Mukhyamantri Seekho Kamao Yojana for providing skill training for youth along with stipend ranging Rs 8000 to Rs 10,000.
- Odisha: To transform 174 Govt Vocational Higher Secondary Schools (GVHSS) to NSQF under the STARS Program, the Directorate of Higher Secondary Education in Odisha conducted a five-day training program.
- Uttar Pradesh: The Uttar Pradesh government has implemented incentives and subsidies to promote electric vehicle manufacturing. These initiatives specifically target investors who contribute to skill development among employees.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply