NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI) is organizing the Agri Skills Conclave 2022 that will witness the confluence of the industry, academia & government to explore on the various facets of the Indian agricultural skill ecosystem revolving around the theme of Krishi Kaushal Se Atmanirbharta.
Date: 26th August 2022
Time: 09.00 am – 02.00 pm
Place: India Habitat Center, New Delhi
Organizations may nominate their participants at mail id: email@example.com; and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org
Skill development news from the government
- The second phase of the Grameen Udyami Project was initiated by the NSDC in collaboration with Seva Bharti and Yuva Vikas Society to improve skill training in tribal communities for their inclusive and sustainable progress.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan is in Australia on a four-day visit to expand engagement between the two countries in sectors such as learning, skilling, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- The union government is now intent on merging the accreditation (NAAC) and ranking (NBA) agencies after presenting for the merger of national-level engineering and medical entrances with the Common University Entrance Test.
Skill development news from the industry
- The Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE) and Children’s University have signed an MoU with the NSDC for a number of initiatives that would help make India the world’s skill capital. Read more…
- With increased demand, hiring for customer-facing positions in sales, commercial operations, and other divisions is gaining momentum in the hospitality and retail industries.
- To support students in the skilling ecosystem financially, NSDC has partnered with Varthana Finance Private Limited to make it possible to accomplish the core goal of the programme for skill loans. Read more…
- The Telecom Sector Skill Council said that it will open a Center of Excellence in Hyderabad this year with a focus on boosting expertise in technologies like 5G, IoT, and drones.
- Ranveer Singh joins the Hemkunt Foundation’s initiative to construct the largest non-profit skill development centre in India in an effort to inspire and enable the country’s youth to actively participate in assisting the underprivileged.
- The IESA announced the first initiative to reach out to qualified candidates, and nurture and connect to potential employers in order to develop a trained workforce for India’s expanding semiconductor industry.
- TeamLease Services’ TLDA has formed a partnership with Croma and Infiniti Retail Limited to provide candidates with both behavioural skill sets and domain skills as required by the industry.
- To increase the company’s market share in India, iQor will invest roughly Rs 1,300 crore over the next three to five years, which will contribute to the creation of 20,000 new jobs creation across the country.
- At SKICC, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha introduced the second phase of the Skill Development Training Program for Women and Youth in the Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI) Sector.
- Subarnarekha Port Private Limited (SPPL) is establishing a centre of J N Tata Vocational Training Institute (JNTVTI), the top skills training institute of Tata Steel.
Skill development news from ITIs
- Over 3.08 lakh students have applied for admission to the two-year Industrial Training Institute (ITI) diploma courses due to rising demand from various industries and the increased likelihood of employment and self-employment.
- A summit on apprenticeship was held on the campus of ITI of Kokrajhar by the Skill Employment and Entrepreneurship Department (SEED) to raise awareness among the students about the importance of apprenticeship.
Skill development news from academia
- Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited and Delhi Skill Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) signed an agreement to provide skill development programmes to assist generate new talent.
- The Sri Jayachamarajendra Government Polytechnic (SJP) and Athens State University in the United States signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to offer associate degree courses.
- To make sure applicants are “job ready” and in line with industry expectations, 12 modules of “employability skills” will be included as mandatory to all skill-based qualifications and vocational courses being offered by various institutes.
- The National Education Policy (NEP), according to Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, is a knowledge document that seeks to make education accessible to everyone people.
- To expand in more Indian cities, Sunstone, a higher education start-up that partners with academic institutions to assist upskill their students for employability, has raised $35 million in a new financing round.
- To change the higher education industry by offering skill-based education and learning, emerging technologies like Data Science, Cybersecurity, AI & ML, applicable skill-based tools, are the future of developing a robust technology infrastructure.
Skill development news from states and UTs
- With funding from the State Untied Fund of Rs 2 crore, a two-story Multi-Skill Development Center was officially inaugurated on Keshav Seva Samiti land by Dhubri Deputy Commissioner Anbamuthan MP.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, the chief minister of Assam, remotely opened approximately 1,000 Model Anganwadi Centers throughout the state while emphasizing his goal of having 15,000 Anganwadis by the year 2026.
- Andhra Pradesh-
- K. Hemachandra Reddy, chairman of the APSCHE, the government is making every effort to ensure quality and high standards in the State’s higher education institutions.
- At the Skill Development Institute (SDI), Visakhapatnam a campus placement drive was held for the first time. Eight organisations actively participated, and 136 trainees were placed in jobs.
- Jammu and Kashmir- To improve academic partnership and research collaboration, the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar signed an MoU with the Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation, and Training (CIIIT).
- Karnataka- 15 young entrepreneurs received grants of up to Rs 1 lakh from the Karnataka Skill Development Council (KSDC), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India, and SAP Labs India to aid in the scaling up of their enterprises.
- Kolkata- An MOU was signed by Cliniminds and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Cancer Hospital to offer a variety of clinical research programmes and other job-oriented skilling and certification courses.
- Ladakh – A two-day Ladakh Education Fair 2022 with a primary focus on youth employability was inaugurated virtually by Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur. The fair started at six venues of constituent colleges of the University of Ladakh.
- Nagaland- The NBSE informed all higher secondary schools and colleges that NEP 2020 places a strong emphasis on lowering the amount of content covered and increasing space for critical thinking and inquiry-based learning.
- New Delhi- In an agreement with the International Organization for Migration (IOM), JNU will focus on creating a Center of Excellence with research scholars pursuing their PhDs.
- Odisha- OSDA has taken skilling and employability to a new level by launching three new skill development portals and signing two MoUs with top-tier tech companies worldwide.
- Tamil Nadu-
- Under the “Naan Mudhalvan” scheme, the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC) will shortly provide skill-based courses to arts and engineering colleges throughout the State.
- The Foundries Development Foundation and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation will create the area as a centre of excellence for the production of castings, worker training, and technology demonstration.
- Telangana- At a roundtable held in Hyderabad, the UK’s Institute of Analytics (IoA) and the International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC) launched the IoA Analyst Competency framework.
- Uttar Pradesh- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), an institution of national importance, is looking into collaborating with institutions in the Gulf in the frontier areas of innovation, start-ups, and entrepreneurship.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 17082022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-17082022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.