The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on a webinar titled “Explore the world of Design with Graphic Design & Motion Graphics” organized by TCS iON and Toonz Media Group in collaboration with National Skills Network – NSN. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
A webinar on Graphics Design and Motion Graphics
TCS iON and Toonz Media Group, in collaboration with National Skills Network – NSN, is organizing a webinar titled “Explore the World of Design with Graphic Design & Motion Graphics” to discuss the scope for jobs and career development in the AVGC Sector.
The webinar is scheduled for April 29th, 2023, at 11:30 AM.
To know more about the webinar, please click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/tcs-ion-and-toonz-media-group-a-webinar-on-graphics-design-and-motion-graphics/
Skill development news from the government
- In schools, colleges, universities, and other higher educational institutions, the central government intends to launch a variety of skill hubs.
- The Ministry of Education to partner with Singapore to integrate skill development in school curriculum from grade 6 onwards for in-demand job roles.
- MSDE and UNICEF-YuWaah have partnered together, to achieve common goals and provide 21st century skilling, apprenticeship, and entrepreneurial opportunities, career guidance.
- The 3rd G20 Education Working Group (EWG) meeting will be held in Bhubaneswar from April 27th to 28th, 2023. The events leading up to the G20 Education Working Group Meetings will occur from April 23rd to 26th of 2023. Read more…
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th May 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the industry
- Bharti Foundation initiated School Excellence Program in Assam’s government schools to empower heads of schools to enhance the overall schooling experience for the students.
- NSDC and Yamaha Motor Solutions India collaborated together to provide Economically Weaker Sections candidates with skill development training in automotive sector.
- Tata Group’s super app, Tata Neu has launched new vertical to offer two reskilling courses for data analytics and front-end development along with few additional courses.
- STEP announced an effective partnership with FICCI FLO to empower women entrepreneurs across the country at their Fourth STEP Pitchfest 2023 on April 15, 2023, in Gurugram.
- Metaverk signed an MoU with All India Council for Robotics and Automation (AICRA) to provide blockchain based training programs on XRPL.
- NTPC Coal Mining-CIPET initiative for youth in skill development training in two courses Machine Operator Injection Moulding and Machine Operator Plastic Processing, concluded with 100 percent placement.
- Yes Madam and B&WSSC have collaborated to empower, upskill and certify and provide better job opportunities for 1500 beauty professionals withing 6 months.
- For Lightstorm’s network expansion into the Eastern and Northern regions of India, Nokia partnered up with Lightstorm to provide their latest WDM optical network solutions.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced a Rs 1,200 crore budgetary provision has been made to improve state Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) with new job-oriented courses.
- ITI Rajouri started skill training for unemployed youths in different courses like fashion designing, tailoring, computer and mechanical engineering.
- ITI Leh organises skill contests on different trades such as solar-based vehicles, VR, COPA among others as a built-up event for Y20 Pre-Summit under the aegis of G20.
Skill development news from the academia
- Jadavpur University to adopt a 4-year UG program under New Curriculum and Credit Framework for UG.
- Lucknow University implemented NEP 2020 in its engineering faculty, now B. Tech course to offer more flexibility, multidisciplinary approach, affordability to its students.
- The UGC proposes that universities integrate courses from the Indian Knowledge System (IKS). The proposed guidelines include that every student should be encouraged to take credit courses in IKS for at least 5% of the total mandatory credits.
- Ministry of Education to develop accreditation process for higher educational institutions a two-tier structure by constituting National Accreditation Council (NAC).
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: Over 1700 youths have secured jobs so far through the 66 skill hubs established by Andhra Pradesh Skill Development Corporation.
- Assam: To encourage and develop an entrepreneurial ecosystem among college students, the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE) will establish Entrepreneurship Development Centres and Incubation Centres in higher educational institutions in the North Eastern Region.
- Chandigarh: The Chandigarh Education Department selected four more government schools to provide vocational education at the secondary level as part of the Samagra Shiksha initiative.
- Maharashtra: From the upcoming academic year, universities and colleges in Maharashtra intend to provide four-year undergraduate degree programs in arts, commerce and science.
- Odisha: IIT-Bhubaneswar will provide NEP-2020’s Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP). The BA BEd/BSc BEd and BCom BEd dual UG degree program, which lasts four years, will be implemented next year.
- Telangana: To empower construction workers, the National Initiative for Promotion of Upskilling of Nirman Workers (NIPUN) was launched. The initiative will start in Hyderabad and eventually cover several developers, construction sites, and construction workers.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply