NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on the launch AI for India 2.0 online training program by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Skilling the Shakti conference organized by FICCI, skill development among artisans. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a meeting with Chanel’s Global CEO, Leena Nair, to explore opportunities for boosting skill development among artisans and promoting Khadi.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Minister of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE and MOE), launched Artificial Intelligence (AI) for India 2.0, an innovative free online training program focused on World Youth Skills Day, July 15th, 2023. Read more…
- Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge partners with the Ministry of Education to establish the first international campus of IIT-Delhi Abu Dhabi.
- MSDE organized “Chintan Shvir” to boost Indian entrepreneurship with diverse stakeholders collaborating for a unified approach.
Skill development news from the industry
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Skill Development Division is organizing a focused panel discussion under the theme, “Skilling the Shakti,” as part of the G20 EMPOWER initiative on July 26th, 2023 Read more…
- Nokia has partnered with the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) and Kaushalya-The Skill University to set up a ‘Nokia Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Skill Development’ at Gujarat’s ITI Kubernagar.
- Tata Power Skill Development Institute (TPSDI) celebrated World Youth Skills Day by achieving a remarkable milestone of training 2 lakh students in essential and green job skills for the power sector.
- Ayana Renewable Power has inaugurated a state-of-the-art skills development centre in Gadag District, Karnataka, for empowering local youth with essential vocational training.
- Mitsubishi Electric enhances technical education in India through an initiative promoting practical knowledge of semiconductor devices in multiple educational institutions across India.
- Nizam College’s BBA Retail Operations program offers students three days of classroom instruction and practical apprenticeship in shopping malls or retail markets.
- Tata Motors partners with Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya to provide students with automotive skills and industrial exposure in line with the NEP 2020.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Around 50 Class 10 students in Mumbai choose ITI for practical skills, job opportunities, and direct engineering degree entry as it signifies changing mindset towards job security.
Skill development news from the academia
- The University of Jammu has implemented a unique ‘Design Your Degree’ program to boost employability and innovation skills and has been framed under NEP 2020.
- In line with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, IIT Madras introduces ‘IIT Madras for All,’ offering BS degrees in data science and applications, along with the Inter-Disciplinary Dual Degree (ID) programs.
- According to IANS, the Indian government will issue Skill India Passports to the youth, incorporating both a passport and a certificate of their skill training.
- Retailers Associations’ Skill Council of India have signed an MoU with Telangana University to share information on student skill development initiatives.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: The government of Andhra Pradesh has sanctioned Rs. 119.57 crores to provide facilities to the three new government polytechnic colleges in Nandyala, Anantapuram and Kadapa districts.
- Goa: Over 9,000 candidates in Goa have been issued contract letters under the chief minister’s apprenticeship policy, which is aligned with the National Apprenticeship Promotion Program.
- Himachal Pradesh: CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu flagged off ‘Kaushal Rath’ on World Youth Skills Day, initiating training for 15,000 candidates in robotics, AI, VR, aviation, and hospitality.
- Meghalaya: By appointing a four-member state education commission, the Meghalaya government has taken a noteworthy step towards improving the education sector.
- Uttar Pradesh:President of NCVET, Mr Nirmaljit Singh Kalsi and Chief Secretary DS Mishra discussed the need for skill development training in emerging areas in the changing industrial scenario.
- Sikkim: Sikkim Urja Limited sponsored skill training for Sikkimese youth in partnership with the Government of Sikkim and National Skill Development Corporation on World Youth Skills Day 2023.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.