NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Highlights from the on going WorldSkills Competition 2022 Special Edition:
- According to the Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council (THSC), Nandita Saxena won this year’s Silver Medal in the Patisserie & Confectionery Skill at the WorldSkills Competition 2022, which was held in Switzerland. Anushree Srinivasan also won a bronze medal for her skills in hotel reception. Prathem Sharma won an award for outstanding skill in baking.
- N Akhilesh and S N Karthik Gowda, employees of Toyota Kirloskar Motor, won a bronze medal for India at the Mechatronics Skills competition during the WorldSkills competition held in Germany.
Skill development news from the government
- A high-level meeting of the committee preparing the National Credit Framework for School Education, Higher Education, and Skill Development was presided over by the Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on October 18, 2022. Read more…
- On October 19, 2022, Union Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the National Credit Framework (NCrF) draft for public consultation. Read more…
- The Goa government has started the process of drafting a drone policy, which would be completed by November of this year, in an effort to permit the use of drones and other similar Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) technology for various public services.
- On October 22nd, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Rozgar Mela, a mega recruiting drive, another step to provide employment opportunities to youth for 10 lakh people.
- From October 2nd to October 31st, 2022, the Government of India will be conducting Special Campaign 2.0, with an emphasis on Swachhata and minimizing government pending work.
Skill development news from the industry
Here is what’s happening in the Drone industry
- On the PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022, Marut Drones from Hyderabad presented Prime Minister Narendra Modi a demonstration of their AG 365 Agri Multi Utility Drone Platform.
- To develop drones for commercial and defence purposes, Garuda Aerospace and Lockheed Martin Canada CDL Systems signed an MOU. The two companies will collaborate closely to develop joint algorithms and a strong data processing capability that will enable a variety of drones.
- To make India the drone hub for the globe, NSDC partners with Drone Destination and pledges to create jobs in the industry. For aspiring pilots to train with Drone Destination, NSDC will additionally offer loans through its affiliated NBFCs.
- To identify potential uses for drone systems, Zoom Video Communications is conducting pilot projects in India.
- At the Gandhinagar Defence Expo 2022, Garuda Aerospace and Elbit Systems signed an agreement to provide Skylark 3 unmanned aircraft systems to commercial and governmental agencies.
- The drafts red herring prospectus (DRHP) for Droneacharya Aerial Innovations Ltd.’s initial public offering has been submitted to the BSE. The funds will be used to pay for drones, other equipment, and other corporation costs.
If you wish to know more about the drone industry, you can read our interview with Mr. Amit Takte, VP – Technology and Training, DroneAcharya Aerial Innovations who has answered a few of the most frequently asked questions related to drones and drone technology. Read more…
- Google recently announced a collaboration with the government of Assam to promote digital-led learning and skill development for the state’s students and youth.
- At the closing session of the Second UN World Geospatial Information Congress (UNWGIC 2022), the Governor of Telangana emphasized the value of geospatial technologies for practical planning, management, and decision-making.
- The recent World Economic Forum (WEF) report estimates that drones will increase India’s GDP by $100 billion and create lakhs of jobs.
- To advance their partnership on Jedsy delivery drones for cooperation in knowledge and technology as well as market expansion and joint ventures, Garuda Aerospace, KL Tech City, and Jedsy signed an MoU.
- The second cohort of Nimaya, a workplace skills program for young women that enables girls from underserved communities to pursue aspirational careers, was recently inaugurated in Mumbai by Navya Naveli Nanda and Samyak Chakrabarty.
- In Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, the first-of-its-kind My E-Haat Display Center was launched by HCL Foundation, the CSR division of HCLTech. The Display Center offers programs for skill development and artisan training.
- IHCL signs an MOU with the Assam government to establish a training center for hospitality-focused skills in India’s north-eastern region.
- The “Indo-French Roadmap on the Development of Green Hydrogen” was adopted by India and France to work on a variety of projects, including industrial energy partnerships and increased knowledge and skill development.
- Through the online “Global Job Readiness Program,” the National Skill Development Corporation partners with Deakin University to provide students with comprehensive life skills training.
- Phillips Machine Tools India Pvt. Ltd. and the National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC) have collaborated to provide skill development training in additive technologies.
- Initiative supported by Visa MoWo is aiming to empower women. Over 2000 women in Hyderabad have received two-wheeler riding training from the Moving Women Social Initiatives Foundation (MoWo).
Skill development news from ITIs
- Tata Motors has begun recruiting more high school graduates and graduates from industrial training institutions for its factories, depending on their track record of remaining on the job after obtaining training.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from academia
- On October 12 and 13, the St. Joseph University, Chümoukedima Department of Economics hosted a two-day national seminar on entrepreneurship and skill development in North East India.
- On October 22, Norman Putsure College held its horticulture and floriculture skill development class for the students at Sovima Campus, with the aim of providing the students access to a wide range of skills.
- For the 2022–2023 academic year, Uttarakhand’s chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami and Shri Dharmendra Pradhan officially launched the implementation of NEP 2020 in higher education.
- To study and develop holistic assessment and evaluation systems for higher education in the State, ISB signed an MoU with TSCHE and the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education.
- The “Guidelines for Pedagogical Approach and Evaluation/Assessment” have been framed by the University Grants Commission (UGC), and recommendations have been requested. On or before November 14, all stakeholders can submit their suggestions.
- According to NEP guidelines, Islamia College will provide first- and second-semester students with embedded 2-credit skill courses.
- For a safe, secure, and gender-equitable environment at colleges and higher education institutions, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued new guidelines.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: Seven Memorandums of Understanding and Agreement (MoU, MoA) were signed by the Assam government with various industry partners, which include Microsoft, Google India, Larsen & Toubro Limited, and the Health Care Sector Skill Council.
- Kerala: The Central Government will soon begin implementing specific skill development programs in all of Kerala’s districts, according to Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology and Skill Development.
- Madhya Pradesh: The state has launched the first medical textbooks in Hindi in the country in an effort to increase access to higher education for non-English speakers.
- Nagaland: In order to address the state’s increasing need for employment, among other areas, Patkai Christian College and Emporium Training and Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., Nagaland, signed an MOU.
- Odisha: To provide local youth with employability training, Subarnarekha Port Private Limited (SPPL) established a skill development center at Baliapal in the Balasore district of Odisha.
- Telangana: The Telangana State Minorities Finance Corporation (TSMFC) plans to establish four skill development centers in Telangana with the aim of providing individuals from minority communities with training that is focused on finding jobs.
- Uttar Pradesh: The Prayagraj-based UGI has signed an MoU with ISIE INDIA to support research programs in fundamental engineering fields and to assist youth to enhance their skills.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 18102022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-18102022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.