NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited has provided an online invitation for applications to fill open positions as apprentices in a variety of trades across several regions. Apprenticeship Recruitment 2022 online registration period will run from July 7 through July 31, 2022, with over 1100 vacancies.
- For the Financial Year 2022–2023, RITES Limited plans to hire apprentices for a one-year apprenticeship training programme for degree (engineering and non-engineering), diploma, and ITI pass-out applicants.
To know more, please visit – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE designated INS Shivaji as a Center of Excellence in Marine Engineering at the Ministry Headquarters, Shram Shakti Bhavan, Secretary MSDE Shri Rajesh Aggarwal, IAS presented the appreciation certificate to Commodore Arvind Rawal, Commanding Officer, INS Shivaji.
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development uses STEM education as a catalyst to advance the acquisition of information, skills, and values, guarantee widespread access to high-quality education and encourage possibilities for lifelong learning.
- As part of the Skill India Mission, the government is implementing several skill-development programmes across the country through 20 central ministries and departments.
- Under the government’s Suryamitra Skill Development Programme (SSDP), a total of 51,331 “Suryamitras” were trained for the solar industry, of which 26,967 found work.
- India, seeking closer cooperation with Australia in skills development, ensuring world-class skills for the Indian workforce.
Skill development news from the industry
- National Skill Development Corporation partners with LawSikho, to impart skill training to aspiring learners and provide upskilling in legal programs.
- Flipkart and the Handicrafts and Carpet Sector Skill Council (HCSSC) have signed a MOU and allow to continue its national initiatives to promote Indian weavers, artisans, and craft manufacturers by giving them access to markets, training, and incubation support.
- Ambuja Cement Foundation (ACF) has provided skill training to over 88,000 youngsters from rural and semi-urban areas throughout 10 States with a placement rate of 76% in order to assist youth in attaining job-relevant skills and livelihoods.
- Dalmia Bharat Foundation (DBF) officially opened its newest DIKSHa (Dalmia Institute of Knowledge and Skill Harnessing) centre in India which will prioritize promoting community-centric initiatives to bring about social transformation by annually skilling 360 youth.
- The M3M Foundation will give skills training to 3000 youth under its agreement with the CII Foundation on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
- Foxconn is going to open a skill development centre in India expanding EV ecosystem, its youthful population and the demographic benefits it offers, and the country’s young population.
- Cloud Wizard Consulting Pvt Ltd., has announced a partnership with FutureSkills Prime, a MeitY NASSCOM Digital Skilling Initiative, to launch three of its highly regarded AWS courses.
- To prepare youth for jobs in green energy, the Tata Power Skill Development Institute (TPSDI), is expanding its training programmes.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor will be providing automotive skill training to 18,000 students in three years, with a focus on those from rural backgrounds (ASDC).
- Wipro GE Healthcare and UPES School of Health Sciences and Technology have entered into a joint venture for students in the Biomedical Engineering degree, to build up a skill lab to improve their abilities on modern medical equipment.
Skill development news from academia
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has instructed all engineering colleges to create brand-new, industry-based course modules. Students will undergo training in advanced technical skills according to requirements.
- A full-time one-month industrial internship programme (certificate course) was offered by the Centre of Excellence in Manufacturing and Automation (CoEMA), OP Jindal University a division of the Centre for Sustainable Technology and Product Development (CSTPD), from 6th June to 5th July 2022. Read more…
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – To improve a number of skill development efforts, the Assam government has partnered with Sri Sri Rural Development Programme Trust (SSRDPT), a unit of The Art of Living organization.
- Andhra Pradesh – To empower rural women for employment and entrepreneurship, IIIT, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (SPMVV), and Sri City jointly establish a skill development programme.
- Arunachal Pradesh – Rural Self Employment Training Institute (RSETI) Papum Pare in collaboration with East Siang District Administration launched a 90-day campaign “Azadi se Antodaya tak” as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Bihar – The Bihar State Skill Development Mission and Flipkart announced their agreement to launch the initiatives of the Supply Chain Operations Academy programs in the state, aimed at creating skilled supply chain operations talent and impart relevant industry training and knowledge.
- Gujarat – 3,208 class 10 students with professional course certificates have been given seats in engineering diploma programmes in Gujarat.
- Haryana – The Haryana government will establish a “Footwear-Leather” cluster in Rohtak on roughly 500 acres of land, and train ITI students in the area by connecting them with the industry, for hiring skilled youth by the local employers.
- Himachal Pradesh – Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur stated that the government was working hard to improve the capabilities of Himachal Pradesh’s youth so they may find more meaningful employment and prospects for self-employment in a variety of sectors.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Jammu and Kashmir Training Institutes, to become CoEs that serve as industrial hubs for MSMEs and help students develop advanced skills in line with the state’s major industries.
- Odisha – A Skills Development Center, Electric Vehicle Manufacturing and Drone Manufacturing and Training Center will be established in Odisha with the support of DTET through Government Polytechnic University (GP) Bhubaneshwar.
- Tamil Nadu –
- Applications are being accepted for courses in skill development at the Greater Chennai Corporation’s training facility in Royapettah, no age limit for women, for men it is 14 to 40. The total number of seats will be 184.
- The Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TSDC) officials have been working to improve rural skills by providing training in arts and crafts to people who are in search of work.
- Telangana –
- The Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H) has organized a skills development workshop for 57 ITI students from Patancheru and Sangareddy over two months with the aim of enhancing their skills in information machining and introducing them to modern CNC machines.
- TASK will assist in skill development and creating a talent pool, fostering capability enhancement of youth, generating a road map for their career trajectory, and boosting employment in Telangana.
- Uttar Pradesh – The chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath has given officials in charge of education instructions to incorporate vocational education into the curriculum, and advocated for the inclusion of trades associated with One District One Product (ODOP).
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-19072022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.