NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- For skill-based training of youth across the country, including candidates with disabilities, MSDE is implementing its flagship scheme PMKVY through Short Term Training (STT) courses and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- O/o DC (Handicrafts) to be implementing the SAMARTH Scheme to provide skill training to handicraft artisans. Also under the scheme, more than 13K artisans have been trained in the last three years.
- MNRE implements significant initiatives to boost the representation of women in the energy sector; 836 of the 2251 candidates trained under the Suryamitra skill development program were women.
- Ministry of Education (MOE) held a one-day consultation workshop on “Reimagining Vocational Education and Career Guidance for School Students” in partnership with UNICEF and YuWaah Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- To provide training and digital certification to thousands of freshers, Urban Company and NSDC signed an agreement.
- To provide higher education and skill development to 5100+ girls and women, JSP launched the second edition of the Yashasvi program.
- MCL signed an MOU with CIPET to provide skill based training to 1000 youths of its operational areas in Odisha.
- To increase the impact of training and skilling initiative among the youth, Schneider Electric signed an agreement with NTTF.
- RCPSDC Annual Awards celebrated skilling excellence on 20th December 2022 by felicitating the best performers in the skillng eosystem.
- To provide deserving candidates with high-quality free skilling and education opportunities in Europe, NSDC International has partnered with Dynamic World Education Community (DWEC).
- By bridging the supply-demand gap for skills, the Adani Foundation’s Saksham program is focusing on skill development efforts to help strengthen the nation.
- NSDC and MSDE partnered with different organisations to provide various training programs to upgrade and upskill individuals. Read more…
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Vice chancellor of MSSU states the Marathwada Divisional Centre of MSSU would be established at the government ITI of the city.
- ITIs at Punjab plans to train nealy 3000 5G trained professionals every year to cater the demand of the industry.
- For the students of ITI Badnapur, ‘My Skill My Business’ program was organized by MAGIC and GIZ to help the students who want to become entrepreneurs.
- According to a new credit policy, a student who has completed a certificate program at an ITI should be able to receive a Class XII certificate by taking a single language paper from the NIOS.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- Department of School Education Poonch organized a seminar on NEP 2020 “Transforming Vision into Action ” on December 20, 2022 to explore and understand the impact and challenges of NEP.
- NCERT to develop new textbooks in line with NEP 2020 perspective on culture and language.
- To avoid gaps in teaching and learning process, UGC has issued guidelines on the pedagogical approaches such as experiential learning, art integrated learning and more.
- More than 55,000 schools have received registrations for the PM SHRI Schools Scheme to execute NEP 2020 objectives.
- To provide technical skills and hands-on experience to students, Consortium of Education signed an MOU with Central India Group of Colleges.
- IIT Kharagpur to set up top quality higher educational institutions in Malaysia, aiming to be top 10 institutes in the world.
- NCL Krishnashila inaugurated a training program and skills training center at Sampling Tailor trade at Sonbhadra, 400 rural youths will be trained for 3 months.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: For industry-integrated programs in electronics and IT sectors, APSCHE signed an MOU with ESSCI.
- Arunachal Pradesh: Certificates were distributed to candidates for skill development courses offered under skill hub initiative, PMKVY 3 by Rajiv Gandhi University.
- Karnataka: CPSD, MAHE organized Manipal Pharmacy Conclave; a skill initiative in the pharmacy domain.
- Maharashtra: The education department of Maharashtra enrolled 1 million parents of class 1 to 3 to train them in essential skills as an effort to improve the quality of education in government run schools.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 20122022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-20122022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.