NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Government skill development projects:
- RfP for Selection of Training Partners for the implementation of Project AMBER (Accelerated Mission for Better Employment and Retention). Last date – 30th June 2022
- REoI : Shortlisting of Training Partners : VSE in 589 Schools in Gujarat | 2022 – Last date – 4th July 2022
To know more, please visit – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Registrations for the next batch of NSN Catalyse workshop is now open. It will be held on 16th July 2022. Register here- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Skill development news from the government
- With an aim to train construction workers through upskilling programmes, MoHUA launched the NIPUN project under its flagship scheme, DAY-NULM. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- Industry experts say that to keep up with the global race, the Indian Automotive sector should focus on AR and VR based skill training.
- On the occasion of the 8th International Day of Yoga, BWSSC has organised an event with the theme, ‘Say Yes to Yog and No to Rog’.
- To bridge the skill gaps that prevail in the automotive industry, Tata Motors announced a partnership with Amity University, Lucknow campus to provide M-Tech degree in EV technology to employees.
- SAP has signed an MoU with DSEU to focus on the development of the youth skilling ecosystem in the areas of emerging technologies.
Skill development news from the academia
- A collaborative programme ‘Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme for KAU students’ has been completed at the College of Agriculture, Vellanikkara.
- Rabindranath Tagore University introduces new courses to strengthen skill-based learning aligned with the framework of NEP 2020.
- To provide students with the volunteering opportunities, CBSE, UNICEF and YuWaah have collaborated together. This will also help in their career guidance.
- According to the state technical education department, students who have completed a two-year diploma from ITI this academic year are allowed to enter second-year Polytechnic colleges.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – Tech-Mark Training India is planning to set up skill development centres in Andhra Pradesh in order to provide digital skilling and training with live projects to students.
- Assam – OIL is going to set up a Guwahati office and skill development institute to enhance the presence of OIL in Guwahati.
- Gujarat – Focusing to enhance the level of quality in technical, vocational education and training institutions, the Labour, Skill Development and Employment Department of Gujarat has signed an MoU with BBZ Arnsberg, Germany.
- Himachal Pradesh – A skill training centre is being set up by Vodafone Idea Foundation in Hamirpur. Its aim is to offer skill training to economically and socially challenged youth.
- Odisha – Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela was organised across 10 districts in Odisha to provide practical training in more than 500+ trades.
- Uttar Pradesh – With an aim to upskill unemployed youth, a skill development centre will start at GIMS, Greater Noida as per the guidelines of UPSDM.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-21062022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.