NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on the recently held one-day event on Collaboration Opportunities – Ways and Means to Scale and Speed up Organizational Growth by the Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDCI) and an RFP for Qualification And Curriculum Development from Medhavi Skills University. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week
A one-day event by the Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDCI)
The Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDCI) organised a one-day event, ‘Collaboration Opportunities – Ways and Means to Scale and Speed up Organisational Growth’, on May 22nd, 2023, in Hyderabad.
The eminent panelists from the event were Mr. C Shekar Reddy, Chairman, Indian Green Building Council; Mr. Gummi Ram Reddy, CMD, ARK Infra Developers Pvt. Ltd & Director, CSDCI; Mr. K. Bikshapathi, Director General, National Academy of Construction; Mr. Narendra Deshpande, CEO, CSDCI.
The event focused on bringing together industry stakeholders to discuss collaboration opportunities and strategies for scaling and accelerating organisational growth in the Construction industry.
This collaborative approach aims to gather perspectives from industry stakeholders to unlock workforce skilling, improve safety adherence, ensure quality, boost productivity, and sustain worker welfare.
Request For Proposal (RFP) For Qualification And Curriculum Development
Medhavi Skills University (MSU) invites Organisations/Consultants for developing Qualifications/ Curriculum for different sectors to improve the learning of trainees undergoing skill-integrated higher education programs offered by MSU.
Last date to submit the proposal – 15th June 2023
Click on the link to know more- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Skill development news from the government
- The Ministry of Education and World Bank organized a workshop on School-to-Work Transition under the STARS Program, focusing on skill gap analysis and integration of vocational and skill training.
- A high-level committee appointed by the central government has proposed bringing IITs and other higher education institutions (HEIs) under the umbrella accreditation and assessment system outlined in NEP 2020 by year-end.
- The Ministry of Education (MoE), the Government of India, and the United States (US) Department of State virtually launched the India-US Working Group on Education and Skill Development Read more…
- The Ministry of Education conducted a workshop in New Delhi to facilitate the integration of 60 school examination boards from various States and union territories into a unified entity.
Skill development news from the industry
- TSSC has partnered with Britco and Bridco to open a centre of excellence for mobile repair and train the youth in Kerala to bridge the gap between industry demands and skilled talent in this field.
- The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) has collaborated with the State Bank of India Foundation (SBIF) to provide skill development and training to 750 individuals with disabilities (PwDs).
- The National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) has partnered with MSSU to develop a specialized restaurant education program in Maharashtra, addressing the demand for skilled professionals in the hospitality industry.
- Union Power Minister, RK Singh, aims to introduce a scheme promoting distributed solar and wind energy applications, generating clean power locally without grid dependency.
- KVIC celebrates its Diamond Jubilee on World Bee Day and organised several programs on bee conservation and honey processing at Central Bee Research and Training Institute (CBRTI).
- The Telecom sector anticipates an increase in the absorption of apprentices into the permanent skilled workforce, rising from approximately 20 percent at present to nearly 30 percent in the upcoming year, in order to fulfil the resource demands of 5G.
- NSDC has partnered with PhysicsWallah Skills (PW Skills) to provide affordable and quality skilling programs to enable learners from ‘Bharat’.
- NSDC Academy has partnered with CamuEdTech to bridge the skills gap between industry and education by providing a wide range of courses.
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th June 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
Skill development news from the academia
- UGC has launched ‘NEP SAARTHI – Student Ambassador for Academic Reforms in Transforming Higher Education in India,’ an initiative involving students in implementing NEP 2020 for transformative higher education in India.
- Digital Skills University to be opened soon in Jharkhand where job-oriented education will be provided to the youth.
- IIHM Institute of Hospitality Skills (IIHS) has launched a training center in Siliguri with the objective of offering comprehensive courses in hospitality skills, aiming to enhance the career prospects and skill of professionals in the industry.
- Over 150 trainees from various institutions in the Jammu, Kathua, Rajouri, and Samba Districts participated in a mega placement drive at the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Hiranagar, where ITC Ltd evaluated the candidates.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: An event was organized by the Skill, Employment, and Entrepreneurship Department (SEED) with the objective of fostering rapid and sustainable socio-economic development in the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR).
- Chandigarh: To offer employment prospects to students who discontinue their education due to various reasons, the education department has instructed schools to enroll them on the apprenticeship portal of the Union government.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) has started a 5-day Entrepreneurship Development program for aspiring entrepreneurs under SANKALP program.
- Maharashtra: The Higher and Technical Education Department of the Maharashtra Government has approved the establishment of India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) university, offering undergraduate and post-graduate programs focused on AI education.
- Nagaland: The Nagaland employment, skill development, and entrepreneurship department have partnered with Changeinkk Foundation Delhi to empower individuals with invisible disabilities and harness their skills for driving innovation and growth.
- Uttar Pradesh: The state government’s Skill Development Mission has invited applications for private engineering colleges to apply for empanelment in offering skill development courses.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.