The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on the effective use of digital technology in education in the G20 member countries. Along with the key G20 related update, it also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 28th February 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023 website.
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE partners with Bharat Dynamics Limited, aims to address the need for skilled and future ready workforce in the central public sector undertaking and industries.
- By incorporating future skills like AI and tinkering into the formal curriculum, AIM, NITI Aayog, CBSE, and Intel India have collaborated to change the education sector.
- India is planning to reform its skilling framework to make on-the-job training essential across all short-term courses, also proposing to establish a worldwide body of accreditation to bring industry focus to the ecosystem.
- To foster potential research and academic collaboration among educational institutions in G20 member countries, IIT Madras will host a G20 seminar on “Role of Digital Technology in Education” on January 31, 2023.
- ASDC participated in the Auto Expo in 2023 and anticipates recruiting more than 1 lakh people for the industry.
- In collaboration with Britco & Bridco, the Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) established the first North East Mobile Phone Institute in Guwahati to teach students in handheld device repair.
Skill development news from the industry
- National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and HSSC signed an MOU, aimed at NABH accreditation, develop training programs for skilling required for healthcare professionals.
- To empower rural and semi urban women through cyber sangini program, OPPO India and CSC academy collaborate together.
- Common Services Centres and Kyndryl have collaborated to launch Cyber Rakshak, a cybersecurity training initiative aimed at equipping women in rural and remote areas with new digital skills and assisting them in becoming Cybersecurity Ambassadors.
- Teach-T, a training machine to teach students CNC technology skills, was unveiled as a prototype by Mitsubishi Electric India’s Computerized Numerical Controllers (CNC) department.
- Chetak and GMR’s CSR divisions Collaborate for Health, Road Safety, and Skill Development seek to improve the quality of life in communities surrounding business operations.
- SCGJ and SwitchON Foundation signed an MOU, aims to strengthen the skilling process as per Skill India Mission.
- KPMG partners with the National Skill Development Corporation International (NSDCI) to create a new mentorship initiative to support young graduates entering the Indian labour market.
- Padma Shri Dr. A. Sakthivel was appointed Chairman of the Apparel, Made-Ups, and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSSC) on January 16, 2023.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The state Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET) conducted workshops on January 24, 2023, on intellectual property rights (IPR) at 419 government-run ITIs across Maharashtra.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- NSE Academy has inked a pact with the Government of Andhra Pradesh for skilling students and enhancing employability in the area of capital markets, financial services and banking.
- Samsung to train 3,000 students, in AI, IoT, coding, and programming. The training is being conducted across eight Samsung Innovation Campuses in the country.
- Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology (RIT) and TSSC have signed an MOU to establish a 5G Centre of Excellence, will train students to address the industry demands of the 5G technology revolution.
- Vi Foundation and Ericsson established a robotics lab to teach digital skills to students, with the objective of enhancing the students’ education and employment opportunities in STEM.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Nagaland: As part of the Skill India Mission, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 4.0 will teach 35,000 youths from Nagaland in the next 12 months.
- Uttar Pradesh: To reduce Human-Wildlife Conflicts (HWC), prevent people from travelling to the jungle to gather firewood, and gain support from the locals to promote eco-tourism, the forest department and NABARD are providing Tharu groups with skill-development training.
- Tamil Nadu: The Trichy district administration has launched an initiative called “Trichy Talents” to identify unemployed youths in 404 panchayats and train them in skill development.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 24012023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-24012023/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply