NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
NSN Catalyse: An orientation workshop on skill development and vocational education in India
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”. The registrations for the fifth batch are now open!
Date: 4th June 2022, Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 2nd June 2022
To register, please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Skill development news from the government
- The government of India is going to launch Skill India Mission 2.0 to impart skills training to the youth for overseas opportunities and for jobs in some sectors under its PLI scheme.
- India’s biggest drone festival, Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022 was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi where he interacted with Kisan drone pilots, witnessed open-air drone demonstrations and interacted with startups in the drone exhibition centre. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- Since introducing its first cloud computing programme in India in 2017, Amazon Web Services has trained over two million individuals in cloud computing skills.
Skill development news from the academia
- AICTE has signed an MoU with Indian Plumbing Association (IPA) to introduce a four-credit course in Plumbing across engineering and architecture institutes.
- IIT Mandi has associated NSDC with an aim to enable effective digital course delivery to the youth, expanding the reach of quality learning and skilling along with immersive hands-on learning opportunities.
- Signum Hotel Academy has partnered with the Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council (THSC) with an aim to create a pool of talent for entry-level positions in the hospitality sector to bridge the current demand-supply gap.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – On the second day of the World Economic Conference, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy met many dignitaries including Tech Mahindra CEO to discuss the scope for investment in skill development to make Visakhapatnam a major technology hub.
- Arunachal Pradesh – Farmers are participating in a vocational training programme on mushroom cultivation under the STRY by the Longding Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) in Kanubari.
- Assam – Focusing to create a pool of skilled drivers through skill training in driving, the Transport Department for skill training in driving has collaborated with ITIs in Guwahati to train 50 youths from each Legislative Assembly Constituency (LAC) of Assam.
- Bihar – To focus on skill development and capacity building of students, BOSCH Industry-Academia Collaboration Cell was inaugurated at CIM Patna by the Development Commissioner of Bihar.
- Himachal Pradesh- Training is being provided in retail, tourism and hospitality and around 50,000 candidates have enrolled themselves in these courses provided by Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN).
- Jammu and Kashmir
- On World Honey Bee Day, the AICRP Honeybee and Pollinators, Division of Entomology, SKUAST-Jammu organized a programme to create awareness about honeybee culture among the stakeholder.
- To start the journey of mentor-mentee relationship for skill revolution in Jammu and Kashmir, the Skill Development Department has signed an MoU with IIM, Jammu.
- A ten-day Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) has been completed and 58 aspiring female entrepreneurs passed out from JKEDI.
- The students of the government ITI have installed the 2-KW solar tree system and the trail run is started on the campus.
- The Regional Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (RDSDE), Odisha organised a two-day workshop on the Apprenticeship Reforms aiming for the capacity building of stakeholders on the new changes implemented within the country’s apprenticeship model.
- The State Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (SCTEVT) has partnered with Jindal Stainless Ltd (JSL) to promote training and education in stainless steel and its various applications.
- Tamil Nadu – Youth Skill Development Festival was inaugurated in Chennai by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin who highlighted the importance of enhancing skill development and urged to equip youth with new technologies.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-24052022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.