This week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training has updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
How will the upgradation of 150 ITIs boost the employability of Karnataka’s youth?
The government of Karnataka has upgraded 150 ITIs into technology hubs at a cost of Rs. 4,636 crores and developed six new course combos to stay relevant to business needs in the wake of the fourth industrial revolution. While the aim of the initiative is to ensure world-class infrastructure and training to the students, will the upgradation of 150 ITIs help boost the employability of the state’s youth?
Here’s how we analysed the news to give you a better picture of the initiative’s outcomes – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/how-will-the-upgradation-of-150-itis-boost-the-employability-of-karnatakas-youth/
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2020 – 21. Last date- 3rd November 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 11th November 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 02112021
- NSDC has partnered with Global partners and launched first of its kind, ‘Skill Impact Bond’ to make the youth employment ready and this Bond involves public, private partners and a public private partnership organisation, NSDC. Read more…
- As ITIs in Bihar are facing issues in having consistent power supply, the government is going to install electricity transformers to ensure there is no disruption in laboratories.
- The Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics and IT, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar has launched Future Skills PRIME, a joint initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NASSCOM. Read more…
- In an attempt to boost self-esteem and improve prisoner’s well-being, the Karnataka Police department has launched ‘Navchetana’ mission which will provide an opportunity to explore their skills, learn and earn.
- A 5-week and 2-credit short-term course which was conducted by MIT Centre for Future Skills Excellence (MIT FuSE) to upskill teachers from various colleges and schools all over India has concluded on October 29th, 2021.
- With an aim to build a large community of experts in the EV industry, Autobot India is offering the world’s first blended learning platform in EV technology.
- With an aim to train candidates in high-demand tasks like litigation support, legal editing and proofreading, legal writing, knowledge management and many more, MEPSC is launching an online course named, “Paralegal Associate – Legal Documentation” in association with LawSikho and co-certified by Skill India.
- To reskill their employees, Infosys has launched a talent marketplace called FLUID to progress their value chain and a skill tag to identify competency in various technologies.
- The Union Minister of New and Renewable Energy, Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Bhagwanth Khuba launched a program by Kanara Industries Association named as “STRIVE” which makes the ITI pass-outs industry ready.
- With an aim to provide skill development training to the youths from the mining areas, MCL, Ministry of Coal has signed two MoUs under CSR initiatives, ‘Udaan’ and ‘Sahyog’.
- RNTU is launching industry-focused, skill-based programmes in the vocational programmes to make the students industry ready and job-ready in sectors like Agriculture, Food Processing, Automobile and more.
- In memory of physicist Thanu Padmanabhan, Kerala University is setting up an international research centre. It was announced by the Higher education minister R Bindhu.
- Baking industry being the largest food processing segments in India, it is important to enhance the skills in baking technology, therefore, a four-week Skill Development Programme is being conducted at CSIR-CFTRI from November 15 to December 10, 2021 as part of Skill India Initiative.
- ISDC has announced its tie-up with Higher Education Council, Government of Karnataka to host state’s first NEP Conclave, 2021 where the eminent stakeholders will discuss the future of NEP and strategize education and job policies.
- With an aim to train students and provide employment opportunities in solar sector, SwitchON Foundation has launched a Basic Solar Water Pump Training which will be conducted on e-platform all over the country.
- The Department of Labour Welfare and Skill Development is planning to scale up the number of admissions in the ITIs across Tamil Nadu from 90 to 50,000.
- Undergraduate students will be given IT skill training through an IT skill development centre which is being set up in the GMU, Sambalpur, Odisha.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-26102021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.