NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Registrations are open for the third batch of NSN Catalyse
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”.
Date: 07th May 2022, Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 05th May 2022
Registration link- https://bit.ly/39jQgy9
NSN weekly round-up – 03052022: Skill development news from the government
- With the focus to provide a structured path to millions of youths to secure gainful employment in top companies and upskill on emerging job roles. NSDC under MSDE, Government of India, has signed an MoU with Relevel, an Unacademy Group company and platform for jobs and skill development.
- An MoU was signed between DEPwD, SCPwD and Flipkart Internet Private Limited with the focus on providing skill training and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities (PwD).
- To train young Indians for aviation and aerospace jobs, Airbus has signed an MoU with Tata STRIVE and AASSC. This will focus on providing opportunities to the youth in the aerospace sector.
- With an aim to create a skilled Indian workforce in the UAE, the Indian government launched ‘TEJAS’ (Training for Emirates Jobs And Skills). The skills that will be imparted under the scheme will have higher-order jobs as well as lower-order jobs across job sectors.
- With a motive to create a framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity-building of the technical staff of ISRO as per the industry requirements in the aerospace industry, MSDE has signed an MoU with ISRO. Read more…
- To create the largest free-of-cost edutech initiative in India and the world, first In Class edutech platform has signed an MoU with Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) and One Lakh (1,00,000) tablet PCs will be distributed free-of-cost.
- To focus on providing vocational training to around 10,000 people, the Delhi police have signed an MoU with MSDE for YUVA 2.0. It will get the support of the World Bank under GoI’s ‘Sankalp’ scheme.
- Centurion University of Technology and Management has organised an event titled, “Future Nexus – Developing Skills for Industry 4.0” to focus on cost-effective degrees and skill integration.
Skill development news from the industry
- One of the keys focuses of the agenda of the discussions during India-Japan Annual Summit was to engage more and more women workers in various job roles for Japanese industry and allied sectors, both for domestic and overseas demand.
- NIIT has collaborated the Salesforce to address the growing demand in the Salesforce Ecosystem for Salesforce-skilled talent and to offer programs on Salesforce to fresh graduates and working professionals. In addition to entering the test-preparatory category, as it looks to widen its scope of offerings, Josh Talks, an upskilling platform plans to launch job-oriented skill-based courses in regional languages.
Skill development news from the academia
- Technology, Strategies and Insights on Financial Inclusion, Skill Development and Education, Social entrepreneurship as well as Technology-led innovation were discussed at the AISECT and Rabindranath Tagore University jointly organized day-long national conference centred on the theme of ‘Role of Social Entrepreneurship.’
- In addition to entering the test-preparatory category, as it looks to widen its scope of offerings, Josh Talks, an upskilling platform plans to launch job-oriented skill-based courses in regional languages.
- India’s first internship guarantee programme is designed by Masai school to provide a practice-based learning experience to students with specializations in Front-end web development, Back-end web development and Data Analytics.
- In collaboration with Usha Martin University (Ranchi), Himalayan University (Itanagar), Sikkim Professional University (Gangtok), Mangalayatan University (Aligarh) and Mangalayatan University (Jabalpur), TeamLease edtech has launched apprenticeship embedded degree programmes. Students can opt for apprenticeship embedded BA, BSc, BCom and BBA programmes.
- To showcase India as a global study hub, AICTE has launched the EducationINdia portal (educationindia.gov.in), it gives all related information about Indian institutes available on a single platform and also has developed the basic profile of the institutes that admit international students by importing data from the AISHE (All India Survey on Higher Education) portal.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Bihar – The courses in colleges and universities are being revised with greater focus on skill development in the light of the new education policy and hence, students would not face any hardship in securing jobs. Students would also be provided internships to hone their skills.
- Haryana – With a motive to provide students with the opportunities to undertake courses in German language in the college, the centre for entrepreneurship and skill development cell of Aggarwal College, Ballabgarh has signed an MoU with Yes Germany, Crown Plaza, Faridabad.
- Jammu and Kashmir – A workshop block at Women Industrial Training Institute was inaugurated at Directorate of Skill Development, Bemina Srinagar to strengthen the ITIs across the UTs.
- Madhya Pradesh – With an aim to promote futuristic skills and train workforce in new-age technologies and to setup a skill lab to train the students in TSSC developed courses on Drone Technology and Internet of Things (IoT), TSSC announced to expand its centres in Madhya Pradesh.
- Nagaland – Under the theme ‘Skilling the Youth for the Future,’ a skill training and orientation conclave was held at Suruhuto to focus on capacity building on self-entrepreneurship, skill development and soft skills.
- Telangana – To extend the benefits of a digital economy to youth and women entrepreneurs in Telangana, the state has signed an MoU with Google. It is also to make the youth job-ready.
- Telangana – Telangana is in a plan to set up skilling infrastructure in the state in partnership with real estate bodies with an aim to create higher employment opportunities for locals.
- Uttar Pradesh – The Uttar Pradesh government is planning to introduce five new health courses to improve the health infrastructure and upskill nursing and paramedical staff. This initiative will also improve the quality of training.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-26042022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply