This week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training has updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
On the occasion of Teachers’ Day 2021, NSN organized a webinar a webinar on the topic “Digital Education and Skilling: Changing role of Teachers and Trainers”. You can watch the webinar on our YouTube channel.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, North Central Railway, invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants across the Nation. Last date- 1st October 2021
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) has published a notification for the recruitment of Trade Apprentice. Last date – 13th September 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Cedefop and the OECD announce the 2021 joint symposium on Apprenticeships for greener economies and societies.
The virtual event will take place on 21-22 October 2021
Preregistration of general participants is now open.
To preregister, please visit: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5dpEwaekTHqHvpb6pw7ROQ
Top headlines of the week
- Indian Railways will train 3,500 unemployed youths from September this year under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). The employment training of these 3,500 individuals will be organised by the Northern Railway and will take place over the next three years.
- Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) is going to launch a Rs 3.5 Crore skill development project and is all set to train 500 youth, living in and around the operational areas of NCL, in the Plastic Engineering trade. NCL and Coal India Limited and (CIPET), Chennai have already signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- The government of UP is going to provide training to youth under the Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme. Along with industrial development and MSME, apprenticeship training will be provided to 37,000 young people in 18 additional departments across the state. The youth will also receive a training allowance of Rs 2,500 during their training.
- The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) is going to launch a year-long postgraduate diploma course in defence technology from October.
- MS University, in collaboration with Heubach Colour Private Ltd (HCPL) is launching a postgraduate diploma program in industrial chemistry and sustainable technology.
- WhiteHat Jr has partnered with FutureSkills Prime to offer a course on artificial intelligence. The course will be a mix of concepts and practicals.
- NBCC Ltd has signed a pact with the Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDCI) to conduct skill learning programmes at project sites.
- Skill-Lync is going to open 14 skill centres across the country by the end of fiscal 2021 to address the existing upskilling gap in the industry. In the first phase, centres will be opened at Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
- Microsoft and Ed4All have partnered with the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) in India to empower students with digital tools and skills and make learners job-ready in a digital economy. Through this partnership, Microsoft and Ed4All aim to reach over 170 million learners across the open schooling system in India.
- Under the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), the government of Kerala has collaborated with Medtronic Private Limited with an aim to equip final year engineering students with advanced skill sets and improving their overall employability within the healthcare industry by offering internships programmes.
- The government of Karnataka is going to provide skill development training to unemployed youth of the state under government skill development programs to make them employable.
- India’s participation at Venice Film Festival to create new opportunities has effectively boosted the collaboration between India and Italy.
- The permanent campus of Skill Development Institute (SDI) at Bhubaneshwar was dedicated to the nation by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik.
- To enhance women’s empowerment, Sam and Jane Foundation (SJF) has launched a skill development training centre in Tenali and Guntur district.
- The Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) has partnered with India Medtronic Private Limited to start surgical skill labs in Srinagar which aims to improve the skills of budding surgeons.
- Abhyaz, an integrated online skill-building platform is being offered by Chennai based MTAB Technology Centre (MTC) signing up with IIITDM Kancheepuram and IIITDM Kurnool.
- With an aim to enhance and upgrade the skills in youngsters, Mytat, a career platform for skill-based hiring and pre-employment testing solutions are planning to outreach to over 1.5 lakh aspirants across the country by December 2021.
- To ensure job readiness among the youth living around the operational areas of Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL), it has announced to launch Rs.3.5cr skill development project.
- The Fisheries Research Station (FRS) in association with National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) is hosting the free skill development training programme for the Scheduled Caste (SC) fishermen/rural youth.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
- The Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) has collaborated with IG Drones to explore training opportunities in Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) for drone pilots in India.
- The championship of vocational skills, ‘WorldSkills Competition’ is being held in Shanghai in 2022. The final rounds of state-level are being held under the guidance of the Skill Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department in Maharashtra.
- Amazon India has launched Karigar Mela in partnership with Tribes India, wherein the e-commerce platform will feature a dedicated storefront for traditional tribal and local Indian handicrafts.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-31082021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.