The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on the latest developments in the skilling and TVET area from industry, government, academia, and other stakeholders. The skill development news snippets will keep you informed and may help you gain some leads for building your business in this field.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- Skill India launches programme to upskill 2500 street food vendors of East Delhi to improve hygienic conditions, better services, more opportunities and make them eligible for e-cart licenses. Read more…
- MSDE has launched project Utthaan and EKaushalacharya at RCPSDC’s Annual Awards 2021. The projects aim to provide opportunities to training partners and skill seekers to exchange knowledge and increase the pool of employable candidates in the industry.
- Since the launch of the PMKVY scheme in 2015, 13.2 million candidates have benefitted. There is also a plan to launch PMKVY 3.0 which aims to provide skill development training across the country.
- In the event held at ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, the principal secretary of Industries and Commerce, Jayesh Ranjan said that there is a huge shortage of skilled youth and hence the problem of unemployment. He said universities should be playing the role of centres of excellence.
- By meeting NGOs, experts from corporates, government officials, and many rural community members, it has become evident that rural women need more opportunities to work outside the home and have wages and treatment on par with men to have a poverty-free Bharat.
- Indians need to respect skill begets and respect the quality artisans used to build ancient structures like Sabz Burj. Their creativity, great technical skill and dedication remain evident despite the passing of time and the ravages of history.
Title: A Webinar on “Skill Development in India: Trends, trajectories, and way forward”
Date: 8th December 2021, Time: 3.00 PM to 4.30 PM
Join us live on YouTube using this link! – https://youtu.be/o75S8yBgdpE
Skill development news from the industry and CSR
- With a focus to build India’s technology ecosystem and financial inclusion in the country, India’s leading digital ecosystem for consumers and merchants, Paytm has signed an MoU with the DGT, MSDE to train 6000 individuals within three years in the growing Fintech industry.
- In order to develop market-oriented skills in youth and create sustainable livelihoods among people, ACC Limited has started a Flagship Skill Development Programme under the DISHA initiative. This programme was awarded at the 19th FICCI CSR Awards, 2021 in a virtual award presentation ceremony.
- Aiming towards the Electronics Manufacturing and ESDM companies in the region, ESSCI, the premier not-for-profit skill development organization in the Indian electronics industry, has signed an MOU with the Government of Rajasthan to set up a state-of-the-art Common Utility Centre (CUC) in Bhiwadi.
- IT major, Infosys will be offering free skill-based courses such as computer programming, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and others to over 40 lakh college students from 4000 colleges across the state.
Skill development news from the academia
- With an aim to reduce the skill gap in the industry and to improvise a learning model, SkillMax Academy, a Bengaluru and Mumbai based online training academy is offering 20+ courses in STEM – Data Science, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Cyber Security and more.
- SIFF Young Artiste, an online academy for learning Music and Dance across genres have a special focus to nurture a skill-based performance, skill refinement in intermediate and creative projects at the advanced level where students also get exposure to industry experts.
- Two new courses, ‘Renewable Energy Management’ and ‘Software Development’ in the Bachelor of Vocational degree programme was introduced at St Aloysius College (Autonomous) Mangaluru with the collaboration of National Panasonic India. These courses are for the academic year, 2021-22.
- Infrostretch has opened a new vocational centre in Pune to train more than 100 girls from low-income communities and develop their key skills as part of its Ahaan movement which will also help women to gain employment, specifically in the widely accessible beauty and bakery industries.
Skill development news from the states
- Karnataka – To fill the gap in industry requirements and to impart skills to future citizens, the Karnataka government is planning to conduct eight international tech events each year. Higher Education, IT, BT Minister and Skill Development Minister, Dr C N Ashwath Narayan said SMARTec summits will be hosted in Bengaluru.
- Madhya Pradesh – On the basis of empowering rural women in Madhya Pradesh, Sukarma Foundation has started a “Sewing Training Centre” to train them in sewing and tailoring skills and make women self-sufficient, self-employed from their homes.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-30112021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.