This week’s edition of NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training has updates on various government and non-government projects, apprenticeships in PSUs and other updates from the skilling industry. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Bharat Electronics Limited, Ghaziabad, Ambalamugal, Kochi invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 29th August 2021
- DRDO Invites applications for Apprenticeships in ITI trade at Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES), Delhi. Last date- 29th August 2021
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited invites applications for apprenticeship for one year in various trades for its following Regions/Establishments. Last date- 20th August 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Cedefop and the OECD announce the 2021 joint symposium on Apprenticeships for greener economies and societies.
The virtual event will take place on 21-22 October 2021
Preregistration of general participants is now open.
To preregister, please visit: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5dpEwaekTHqHvpb6pw7ROQ
Top headlines of the week
- Mercedes-Benz India has partnered with Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) to provide a one-year Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics course.
- To scale up its community development programmes, ITC is strengthening its partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University is getting a good response in terms of admission. The university aims to skill the youth of Delhi.
- RecruitGiant is going to offer job-specific training to workers interested in moving to Malta.
- Effective Training Associates, Inc., has launched a new, updated website. The new ETA site will offer in-person, virtual, and public skill-building courses that will enhance individual and team productivity.
- The government of Telangana and TSIIC have launched a skilling program with the objective to train youth in and around villages to facilitate employment as a part of the Hyderabad Pharma City project.
- Under PMKVY, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has trained more than 800 youth between 18-35 years of age from marginalized and remote communities in Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Jharkhand.
- Principal Secretary Skill Development Department, Dr Asgar Hassan Samoon chaired a meeting to review the functioning of private Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) across the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- TreeHouse has launched vocational training courses which will engage young minds in life skills needed to succeed in an increasingly competitive world.
- Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC) has taken some major initiatives for continuous skill development in the sector.
- Geographic information system (GIS) ) software and solutions provider, Esri India will be skilling over 2 lakh students in GIS technologies over the next three years.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has partnered with ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India to provide digital skill training to over 800 people across the country.
- SAP India and Microsoft are going to launch a joint skilling programme ‘TechSaksham’ for empowering young women students from underserved communities to build careers in technology.
- Tata STRIVE has partnered with IKEA India to develop workplace-ready young professionals through knowledge acquisition, skill development and behaviour development through short-term courses.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has launched a vocational training program for women in collaboration with Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS).
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-10082021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.