NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Indian Space Research Organization Headquarters (ISRO HQ), Bangalore invites applications for Apprenticeship in the following Trades with B.E. / B.Tech, Diploma in Engineering and Diploma in Commercial Practices- Last date- 22nd July 2021
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Kochi Refinery, Ambalamugal, Kochi invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 25th July 2021
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), Trivandrum invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 26th July 2021
- State Bank of India (SBI) invites online applications for 6100 Apprentices from Indian Citizens for engagement as apprentices. Last date- 26th July 2021
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Bangalore Complex invites application from eligible and interested candidates for Apprenticeship Training. Last date- 28th July 2021
- Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt. (DRDO), Avadi, Chennai, invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 28th July 2021
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, Aonla Unit is inviting applications for the Apprenticeship Training Program for the year 2021-2022 from Diploma pass-out candidates. Last date- 31st July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Top headlines of the week
- Further easing Covid-19 curbs in the national capital, the Delhi government has allowed auditoriums and assembly halls of schools or educational institutions to conduct professional training programmes at 50 percent capacity.
- TCS iON has brought together an ecosystem of academia, corporates, publishers, and original equipment manufacturers as part of its innovative phygital model for vocational education. Read more…
- Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), organised a two-day training course on “Rainwater Harvesting and Irrigation Methods for Water Saving.” A total of 61 farmers and farm women participated in the course held under the aegis of the Directorate of Extension Education.
- NSDC has partnered with WhiteHat Jr to create 12,500 coding trainers in three years.
- IISC and TalentSprint launch PG level advanced certification program in Digital Manufacturing and Smart Factories
- Marie Claire Paris has launched its seventh Salon and Wellness in Bengaluru, India. It aims to open hundreds of Salon and Wellness centres in India via franchising, as well as over 30 vocational training academies in the next 5 years.
- State industries minister Shahnawaz Hussain on Sunday directed the officials to prepare a detailed project report (DPR) for reviving the Bihar Institute of Silk and Textiles (BIST).
- Government ITI, Gurugram has partnered with DENSO Haryana Pvt Ltd on Dual Training System.
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) has partnered with a foundation in Japan to help Delhi youth get the best opportunities to work in the country.
- Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India is going to train 50,000 world-class AC technicians and cooling experts by 2025.
- The government of Karnataka would undertake a unique programme Udyoga at a cost of Rs 5,000 crore to convert 150 ITIs into technology hubs.
- The DS Group is enhancing the skills of the rubber tappers of Tripura for a sustainable livelihood.
- The government of Odisha invites applications from higher secondary schools which are keen to increase seats for the 2021-22 academic session.
- The government of Delhi has announced a fellowship program for young professionals. The highly competitive fellowship aims to recruit outstanding young professionals from across the country under the age of 35.
- The Federation of Small and Medium Enterprises of India (FSME India) has signed an MoU with Germany’s GIZ to provide skill development training to 5,000 unemployed youth and students.
- As per data by the government, over 1.28 crore youngsters have been trained under the ambitious Skill India project of the Centre but only a little more than half (56%) of the candidates have managed to get job placements after completing their courses.
- IBM and Nasscom have trained about 5,000 students with an aim to make them employment ready.
- The government of Karnataka has signed agreements with leading private companies such as Toyota Kirloskar Motors, ELCIA, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Aditya Birla Fashions, Wipro GE Healthcare and others for providing training in job skills for youths.
- The government of Maharashtra has decided to provide on-the-job training for more than 10,000 trainees studying across 126 government ITIs in 10 districts across the state.
- ITI Berhampur got its first grass art park on the occasion of the World Youth Skills Day. Dr. Rajat Panigrahy, the principal of the institute, conducted a meeting wherein 250 girls participated.
- UP farmers will benefit from the ‘Kusum’ scheme under which farmers will not only irrigate their fields with the help of solar energy-run tube-wells but also generate additional income.
- The Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council (THSC) is celebrating its 7th year. Till date, nearly 9 lakh individuals have benefited from THSC initiatives through its network of 3600+ trainers and 2000+ assessors.
- The admission process for 417 government and 549 private ITIs has begun in Maharashtra. A total of 1.36 lakh seats are available in 966 ITIs across the state.
- Hikvision India has partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to help promote security sector-specific skills and ecosystem development.
- Speaking on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day 2021 and the six-year completion of the Skill India Mission, PM Modi said that learning should not stop with earning. PM Modi said that the government has provided ample free skill training avenues for the youth under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-13072021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.