Apprenticeship updates, project information and other updates from the skilling industry – our weekly round-up on skills, education and training has it all. It will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 10th October 2021
- Applications are invited in SECL for Graduate and Technician Apprentices training from candidates having Degree in Mining Engineering or Diploma in Mining/Mine Surveying. Last date- 5th October 2021
- Nagpur Division and Workshop Motibag, South East Central Railway invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 5th October 2021
- Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) has invited applications from candidates to apply for Apprentice posts. Last date- 3rd October 2021
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. (GRSE) invites application through ONLINE mode for engagement of 256 Apprentices for the year 2021-22. Last date – 1st October 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, North Central Railway, invites ONLINE applications for apprenticeships from interested Applicants across the Nation. Last date- 1st October 2021
- South East Central Railway Bilaspur, invites ONLINE applications for Gas Cutter Apprenticeship under NAPS. Last date- 30th September 2021
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Mumbai Refinery, Mahul, Mumbai invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders for Apprenticeship. Last date- 24th September 2021
- Carriage & Wagon Workshop Jagadhari, Haryana invites applications for ‘Kaushal Vikas Training Program’ in Fitter and Welding Trade for Year 2021-22 under ‘RAIL KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJNA. Last date – 25th September 2021.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Highlights of the week- 21092021
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University (CDLU), Sirsa is taking lead in the implementation of NEP 2020 by signing an MoU with the Skill Development Council.
- Indian Railways has launched a skill development programme, the Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana and going to provide training to 50000 candidates over the next three years under that programme.
- Coimbatore District Small Industries Association (Codissia) organised a mobilisation drive to select candidates for skill training programme in association with District Skill Training Officials.
- To push technology skills among future Indians, an Indian EdTech company, SmartBridge announced a project-based learning initiative to upskill students in Data Analytics and other emerging technologies.
- With an aim of providing quality education through physical infrastructure, Union Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stone of the IGNOU Regional Centres buildings of RCs Bengaluru, Noida and Pune.
- Akzo Nobel India Limited, in collaboration with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), has inaugurated its Paint Academy in the new premises of NSIC.
- The government of Maharashtra has signed two MoUs worth Rs 35,500 crore with conglomerate JSW to help boost production of green energy.
- DPSRU has partnered with Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) for faculty and student exchange, research and collaborative academic activities.
- Mangaluru ITIs are set to be upgraded with improved technology and latest courses to brighten the employment opportunities of the youngsters studying in government Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
- APSSDC has trained nearly 1.7 lakh youth to cater to the needs of various companies.
- Visionet Systems’ project ‘Unnati for India’ is going to skill and employ 25,000 youth by 2022.
- Leading ISP Brand, Infonet is going to train 360 Network Engineers under the government’s DDUGKY Scheme.
- East Coast Railway is going to impart skill development training to 2500 unemployed youths in the age group of 18-35 years having minimum qualification as matriculation passed under PMKVY’s RKVY.
- On the third edition of the Kaushalacharya Awards, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) honoured 41 skill trainers for their contribution under various categories in the skill ecosystem. Read more…
- Punjab cabinet has approved the establishment of Private Self-Financed ‘Lamrin Tech Skills University’ at Railmajra to strengthen industry-oriented teaching, skill-training and research in the state.
- Aptech Limited has launched an EdTech initiative named, ProAlley.com with an intention of reaching out to self-paced learners who want to make a career in the media and entertainment industry from the comfort of their homes.
- IIT Jodhpur has organised an online workshop on NEP 2020 and Action Points for IITs with the resonating vision of students curating their own programmes.
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Secretary, Ravi Mittal said that India needs lakhs of trainers to skill 50 crore people who will help in taking India to the next level in skilling.
- Microsoft partnered with the Higher Education Department of Andhra Pradesh to launch first-of-its-kind skilling project and train 1.62 lakh under-graduate and post-graduate students and unemployed youth on future-ready technologies.
- The Karnataka government has announced six new courses at Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) to keep up with the emerging trends in the industrial sector.
- With an aim to strengthen and expand research and development facilities in India, Chipset company, MediaTek has started looking to hire people across offices in India during the current financial year.
- After two years of IAEA-supported Master’s degree programme, African pharmacists will be given certificates and now, they will help to meet the need of radio pharmacists in Africa.
- Aiming to skill students in AI, cloud computing and other technical skills, Microsoft has announced the launch of a virtual internship programme, Future Ready Talent for students to make them future-ready.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-14092021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply