NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
ICF India is organizing a virtual conclave on coaching and growth. The event will be conducted from 26th to 28th August 2021. It is a unique coming together of the coaching ecosystem with the vision to impact, influence and inspire sustainable growth.
To know more and to register, please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/icf-india-conclave-2021-a-complete-virtual-event-on-coaching-and-growth/
- Bharat Electronics Limited, Ghaziabad, Ambalamugal, Kochi invites Online application from eligible Graduate & Diploma holders in Engineering. Last date- 29th August 2021
- DRDO Invites applications for Apprenticeships in ITI trade at Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES), Delhi. Last date- 29th August 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Cedefop and the OECD announce the 2021 joint symposium on Apprenticeships for greener economies and societies.
The virtual event will take place on 21-22 October 2021
Preregistration of general participants is now open.
To preregister, please visit: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5dpEwaekTHqHvpb6pw7ROQ
Top headlines of the week
- Permanent Institute for skill development (SDI) was inaugurated in Odisha which aims to train 50,000 people in various courses over the next ten years.
- As part of the infrastructure development, IIT Bhubaneswar has got a modern lecture hall complex built at an estimated cost of Rs. 148 Crore. Also, IIT Bhubaneswar has partnered with SDI Bhubaneswar with an aim to enhance skill development activities among unemployed youth.
- AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) is going to conduct state-level skill development competitions on August 24 and 25 for which 21,515 candidates have registered.
- New skill development and entrepreneurship programs will be introduced at Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) university. To improve the employability of students in India and abroad, foreign language courses will also be included in the curriculum.
- With an aim to provide job opportunities to 7.5 lakh artisans and craftsmen, Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that 75 ‘Hunar Haats’ (fairs) will be established over the coming months.
- NSDC has partnered with Samsung India to execute their Digital and Offline Skills Training Programme (DOST). The youth skilling initiative by Samsung India aims to drive job readiness for 50,000 youths in the electronics retail sector.
- Various development projects costing over INR 70 crore were inaugurated at JC Bose University of Science and Technology, YMCA, Faridabad.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) has launched a vocational training program for women in collaboration with Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS).
- Yuva Arunachal has organized a week-long masonry and plumbing skill development program under Jal Jeevan Mission.
- With an aim to provide employment and experience to students, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has launched an innovative initiative called ‘Train, Earn and Learn’ (TAIL).
- To provide training to 210 youth in the telecom segment, the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) is starting its third skill development centre (SDC) in partnership with NSDC.
- The Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN) has signed an MoU with 40 ITIs to execute a short-term skill development training programme for ITI trainees to upgrade their skills under NSQF.
- The Future Right Skills Network, a collaborative effort by Accenture, J.P Morgan and Cisco has announced the expansion of its partnership with the Directorate General of Training (DGT) to offer digital skills training to all students enrolled in ITIs.
- IIT Hyderabad is going to set up an artificial intelligence (AI) lab in collaboration with Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) to provide industry-specific training, remote project mentoring and training workshops for students.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
- Hero Vired has partnered with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA to provide skills and knowledge that are relevant for emerging jobs.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration is going to create an ecosystem for women to have access to education and economic growth.
- With an aim to reach out to 10,000 young people in and around Lucknow and engage them in skilling activities, HCL Foundation (HCLF) has launched ‘Skill Rath.’ It will enable the local youth to make the right career choices through vocational training opportunities, vertical mobility and career options that will be available for them.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-17082021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.