NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
National Skills Network (NSN) is launching an interactive workshop series called the “NSN Catalyse”. The first workshop in this series is titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”.
Date: 9th April, 2022
Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Payment and Registration Link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Certification: Based on participation in the workshop
Participant fee per person: Rs. 499/- but introductory offer for limited seats is Rs. 299/-
Skill development news from the government
- Aiming to encourage the participation of Divyangjan in skill training like financial support for assistive devices, aid and appliances and boarding and lodging, NSDC, under the aegis of MSDE, is implementing an initiative across the country.
- According to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) report, the number of Indian workers requiring digital skills for their jobs is set to rise by 27.3 million. It is representing seven per cent of India’s workforce over the next year.
- The government is planning to set up skill hubs across India with an aim to provide skilling and vocational training to students, dropouts and to those seeking employment.
- With the objective of promoting employment opportunities in rural India and developing self-employment avenues for unemployed rural people, IIE collaborates with MoRD to enhance the impact of SVEP.
- The Ministry of Education is planning to conduct a first of its kind initiative, ‘foundational learning study to acquire a first-hand understanding of the learning levels of the students at the foundational learning stage.
- To start Skill Training Centres for youth, particularly in rural and remote areas, an MoU was signed between the Ministry of Railways and the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The skill India international project, TEJAS (Training for Emirates Jobs And Skills) was launched by the Union minister Anurag Thakur in Dubai to participate in the India Pavilion at Dubai Expo 2020.
Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
NSDC has released Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for Application Development and Maintenance Agency for their Skill wallet Initiatives – know more – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/REOI-for-Skill-Wallet.pdf
Skill development news from the industry
- CFTRI has trained about 250 horticulture entrepreneurs in five northeastern states to promote horticulture-based industries and value the addition of abandoned fruits and vegetables.
- To upskill workers and open opportunities in the logistics sector, an MoU was signed between the Logistics Sector Skill Council and the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). This will help in upskilling workers employed in the logistics field.”
- The government is considering introducing skilling programmes on drone manufacturing, repair and maintenance to tap into the emerging technology market which uses drones for various functions.
Skill development news from the academia
- CCEA will be expanding NATS to include students from Engineering and also extend towards students in the Humanities, Science and Commerce streams. The apprenticeship scheme will now be applicable for the next five years till March 31, 2026.
- In a bid to develop training and education programmes for around 2.5 lakh junior engineers for plant and shop floor management, MeitY is in talks with select government-funded higher education institutions.
- TCA members can offer registered apprenticeships to the job applicants and employees as TCA has partnered with FASTPORT to advance its apprenticeship reach with its member employers by streamlining program creation processes and providing technical support.
- The set SDG targets for education that includes full access to high-quality schooling from early childhood. Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) associations in education have been used to provide the structure to bring the public and private sectors together and complement each other’s strengths in the financing and provision of education services.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Haryana – Manav Rachna University (MRU) Faridabad, Haryana has signed an MoU with the International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC) aiming to offer a BBA-Business Analytics programme accredited by IoA at the University. It also focuses on providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge across various analytics.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Women in Jammu and Kashmir are empowered and encouraged to learn skills like embroidery, tailoring and stitching through the government-sponsored skill development schemes.
- A two months skill development workshop for 30 tribal embroidery artisans of the Lanilab area of Budgam district has been started to up-skill the artisans. This initiative is to make them aware of changing market requirements.
- Karnataka – Embassy Group along with NGO partners – The Anonymous Indian Charitable Trust (TAICT) and YuvaLok Foundation unveiled a new Skill Development Centre under the flagship EcoGram program to aid the skill development of Government School alumni, underprivileged youth and their families by encouraging various skill-based initiatives.
- Maharashtra – AjnaLens, a Mumbai-based XR hardware and software company collaborated with Tata Technologies to bridge the demand for a skilled workforce in VR-based trade.
- Mizoram – The Department of Labour, Employment, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of Mizoram has inaugurated a two-day competition on ‘KAWTCHHUAH 2022: A start-up fair for Govt. I.T.I pass-outs’ at Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Campus in Aizawl. This competition received 61 applications from different trades provided by ITI.
- Nagaland – To impart digital powered training in more than 250 secondary and higher secondary schools across 15 districts in the northeastern state, IBM announced its partnership with Nagaland School Education department.
- Odisha – IIM Sambalpur has signed an MoU with the Center for Adivasi Research and Development to develop entrepreneurship skills among tribal youths and provide them with quality education.
- Avaali Academy is planning to set up a Digital Centre of Excellence with KSIT and KSSEM Universities to build a skill pool focused on various technologies. It has partnered with KSIT and KSSEM University in Bangalore, Karnataka and GEIT University, Gunupur, Odisha.
- With a plan to create employment opportunities for local youths and enhance their skill sets in the housekeeping trade, Vedanta Limited, Lanjigarh has launched a skill training programme.
- Punjab – Padma Shri awardee Vikramjit Sahney, International President of World Punjabi Organization and chairman of Sun Foundation announced the setting up of Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Skill University to impart various job-related skills like electrician, welder, coding, graphic designing and more.
- Tamil Nadu – With a focus to offer students courses in business analytics accredited by the Institute of Analytics (IoA), city-based Bharathiar University has signed an MoU with the International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC).
- Telangana – Pratt and Whitney said that it has made Hyderabad its centre of aviation skill development as it has a talent pool of engineers who are aerospace enthusiasts and startups in this segment.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-22032022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.