Keeping up with what’s going on in the skilling and TVET sector is critical from the viewpoints of industry, academia, government, and other stakeholders. The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on what’s going on in the skilling ecosystem. The information snippets may be valuable in creating leads for expanding your business in this industry, and they will keep you informed.
You could also watch the highlights of this week’s weekly round-up in Hindi on our YouTube channel.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- As part of upskilling local weavers and artisans of Kashmir’s ancient Namda craft, MSDE has launched two pilot projects, including the revival of Kashmir’s Namda craft as a special pilot project under PMKVY 3.0 and upskilling of Kashmir’s craftsmen and weavers under RPL program. Read more…
- To improve the employability of apprenticeship students from NATS, the government has approved stipendiary support of Rs. 3,054 crores for apprentices in accordance with National Education Policy 2020 from 2021-22 and 2025-26. Read more…
- “Hunar Haat” organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs received the prestigious IITF, 2021 Silver Medal for strengthening commitment to “Vocal for Local” and its strong presence at the Trade Fair. It has created new employment opportunities for the artisans and craftsmans from the minority community by providing a platform to showcase their skills.
Skill development news from the industry and CSR
- AutoGuru India, a leader in the automotive and motorsport industries, has partnered with ASDC to train and encourage women to pursue careers in racing through its Formula Woman platform.
- TalentSprint, an NSE Group EdTech company has announced a multi-year partnership with the Centre for Executive Education at ISB to nurture and build the new-age finance professionals and ensure growth in a fast-evolving business landscape.
- With the focus on imparting a new digital learning experience, AWS, the Cloud wing of Amazon, announced four initiatives that will make the learning process simpler and easier for people looking for free cloud computing skills training and new career opportunities in the relevant field.
- According to the survey done by NASSCOM in 2019, engineers are lacking advanced skills and hence, graduates are facing difficulty in finding jobs with just knowledge.
- With an aim to train 300+ youth by means of personality development in the electric energy domain by 2025 and help them attain financial independence, SEIF and PSC PTC launched Electrician Skill Training Centre in Coimbatore.
- The Indian IT industry is predicted to grow at a rapid pace in the second half of the financial year 2022, with an increase of roughly 12% in employment. To quench the domain’s talent thirst, big IT organisations launched large upskilling initiatives and virtual upskilling programmes in the first half.
- Educational resources firm Pearson India has partnered with SP Jain Global to introduce human resources leadership programme which aims at providing skill-based learning and adaptation to the changing work ecosystems.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – Andhra Pradesh chief minister, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has made effective changes in the curriculum to provide the best employment opportunities to the students through higher education.
- Himachal Pradesh – With an aim to lead the training of employability skill courses in 138 Government ITIs in Himachal Pradesh, the Himachal Pradesh Technical Education Department signed an MoU with the Future Right Skills Network collaborating with Quest Alliance in the first phase.
- Jharkhand – Focusing to develop skilled manpower and providing employment opportunities, IIT (ISM) Dhanbad has set up SDC for daily wage earners in the coal hub of Dhanbad and Jharia. This course will enable the daily wage labourers to earn according to their capability.
- Karnataka – KSDC is looking to bridge the gap for labour by providing training to 60 nurses in IELTS in other countries who is looking to move outside India for employment opportunities.
- Nagaland – Skill Development Training on Local Food Processing and Preservation was organized for three days in Dimapur by AIDA under SBI Foundation-Gram Seva Programme to provide skilling and training that ensures better livelihood opportunities and empowerment to rural women through SHGs.
- Maharashtra- As part of imparting productivity and empowerment in tribal farmers, the Kolkata centre of ICAR-Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai has organized a three-day skill development training programme in collaboration with KVK, Lower Dibang Valley district.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-23112021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.