Orion Edutech, is an NSDC partner company and has a huge presence through customised training and industry compliant curriculum proficiency to cater to almost 17 sectors including Electronics, Travel & Tourism, Retail, Networking, Hospitality, Agriculture, Mobile Laptop Repairing, Healthcare, Apparel Manufacturing and Designing, Hospitality and more. Orion Edutech is actively involved in implementing RPL Projects in different industry sectors. Let’s get updated with their initiatives in Tourism and Hospitality Sector*.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a platform to provide recognition to the learning through work to get equal acceptance as the formal levels of education. In short, RPL is a process of assessment of an individual’s prior learning to give due importance to learning as an outcome rather than learning as process The objectives of RPL are primarily three-fold:
- To align the competencies of the un-regulated workforce of the country to the standardized National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF),
- To enhance the career/employability opportunities of an individual as well as provide alternative routes to higher education and
- To provide opportunities for reducing inequalities based on privileging certain forms of knowledge over others.
Orion Edutech conducted RPL program for the following:
Sector: Tourism & Hospitality
Job Role: F & B Steward Services
Location: Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Assam, Tripura, Haryana
Total number of employees trained till now: 865*
RPL training was done in the below mentioned Companies:
Pipal Tree; Swissotel; Hotel Madin; Hotel Regency; Hotel Grand Continental; Hotel Radisson; Hotel Padmini;; Hotel Varanasi Palace; Hotel West Inn; Hotel Janhvee International; Hotel Pooja Residency; Kamlesh Hut
How the candidates have benefitted from RPL training and certification:
Let’s read about Pradip who underwent RPL in Food and Beverage Steward Course
Pradip belongs to a very small village in Varanasi. His father was the only earning member of the family and it was very difficult for him to support his family financially especially in funding the education of all his kids. Pradip had to give up his studies in order to support his family financially. At first he worked at a small stationery shop to help his father.
He then heard about the RPL training program conducted by Orion Edutech and enrolled himself in the Food & Beverage Steward Course under RPL. He says the training was very helpful and he learned a lot of things. The soft skill training helped him become more confident and he is able to handle his customers well. He is happy and would like to thank the trainers at Orion Edutech for giving him this opportunity to learn.
Following are the key objectives of Orion Edutech:
- To skill job seekers and improve the skills of the existing workforce
- To ensure active participation of all the stake holders of Skilling India namely the Government, Industry, the candidates and the training providers
- Recognition of the existing skills for a particular job role based on the National Skill Qualification Framework guidelines.
- Assessment by respective Sector Skill Council, Certification by the Government of India and monetary rewards to motivate the candidates
Benefits to Employers:
- Improve productivity and performance of the employees & higher retention rates
- Standardization of Skills for specific Job Roles
- Participate in the National Mission and be a part of “ MAKE INDIA” Mission
(* All the numbers mentioned in this article are indicative of the RPL achievements till March – April 2017)