TalentSprint, in collaboration with Google, has launched the third cohort of the Women Engineers (WE) program. The program is specially designed to accelerate gender diversity and socio-economic inclusion by empowering women in tech.
Despite the steadily growing numbers of women in the sector, the tech industry still lacks diversity. So, to create awareness and encourage women to choose tech as a career, many programs and initiatives are being taken by major tech giants. The Women Engineers (WE) program by TalentSprint which is supported by Google is one such initiative.
To read more such articles please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/talentsprint/
Highlights of the WE program from TalentSprint and Google
- The program is uniquely designed to select capable women engineering students from across the country.
- The program trains them to be globally competitive and to become world-class software engineers.
The first two cohorts of the program were well-received by industry and the program alumni are working with renowned tech companies. The industry has acknowledged the alumni of the program with 150% of the market premium.
The third cohort aims to nurture 500 talented women engineering students from non-elite engineering colleges who are currently in their first year. The registrations for the program are now open and the last date for registration is 21st March 2021.
If you are selected for the program then full or partial fee scholarships will be offered on a merit and financial background basis. You will receive the WE Certification upon successful completion of the program and will have the opportunity to apply for internships and jobs at high-end product companies, including Google.
What will be the program outcomes?
The program will make you industry-ready by building your technical expertise along with some other important factors. The industry-driven curriculum will keep you updated on the trending technologies. The program focuses on the all-round development of the participants. It will provide you with all the necessary training and sessions needed to become something more than just a good software engineer.
- You will get a chance to learn from top-notch faculty at TalentSprint, academic experts, and corporate leaders.
- The program will help you become a professional coder.
- You will get an opportunity to work on real-life projects, present technical papers and projects to the industry.
- After the successful completion of the program, you will earn the prestigious WE Certification.
- You will get an opportunity to participate in global coding challenges and hackathons.
- You will have the opportunity to apply for internships and jobs at high-end product companies, including Google.
- You will also become a member of the illustrious Global Women Techmakers Community.
Who should apply for the program?
The program is designed for talented women engineering students from non-elite colleges who aspire to build a successful tech career and contribute to shaping the world’s future should apply. So, if you full fill the below criteria, you will be eligible to apply for the program,
- Women students currently in the first year of engineering
- Degrees: B.E., B.Tech
- Streams: IT, CS, EEE, ECE, or equivalent
- Candidates must have over 70% in both X and XII
What are the selection process and schedule?
After the registration, you will undergo an online assessment which will assess you on your Aptitude, English language and Technical skills. A total of 500 participants will be selected after the online assessment.
- Last date for registration – 21st March 2021
- Online assessments which will consist of aptitude, English language and technical skills- 24th March to 12th April 2021
- Selection list and scholarship- 14th April to 24th April 2021- 500 participants to be selected based on Online Assessments
- Enrollment- Within 3 days of selection- Enroll with up to 100% scholarship. The minimum scholarship is 25%.
Also read: TalentSprint collaborates with Google to launch the third cohort of Women Engineers (WE) program https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/talentsprint-collaborates-with-google-to-launch-third-cohort-of-we-program/
The WE program is a two-year program delivered by the best faculty and a completely hands-on approach. Every year the program selects gifted women engineers from across the countries and teach them self-learning and teamwork. Along with building their technical expertise, the program enables the participants to think differently, learn to learn, build a strong portfolio of projects and compete in hackathons and coding challenges.
Leave a Reply