Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) play a crucial role in the skill development ecosystem in India. Their job is to ensure that the training is relevant to industry needs and it is aligned with the national skill development policy. Hence, they are tasked with developing a robust training delivery mechanism that follows international standards and quality parameters. As autonomous bodies, they front-end various activities and take measures to identify and close the skill gaps. These include:
- Communicate the requirements of industry verticals by identifying the skill gaps and creating Qualification Packs (QPs) and National Occupational Standards (NOS) under NSQF for a comprehensive list of job roles in the industry. These are validated by the companies in specific sectors.
- Actively participate in conducting Train-the-trainer programs and empanel training partners and vocational training institutions to facilitate training
- Asses and certify trainees on the basis of NSQF – NOS – QPs
- Provide realtime information about the labour market through research and analysis to update all the stakeholders on the demand and supply
- Contribute to the development of Labour Market Information System (LMIS) as an interactive dashboard to view the status and outcomes of various skill development and training initiatives
Take a quick tour of the existing and upcoming Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) in India by clicking the links below:
- Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC)
- Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI)
- Banking and Finance Sector of India (BFSI)
- Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI)
- Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC)
- IT-ITeS Sector Skill Council
- Retail Association’s Sector Skill Council of India (RASCI)
- Media and Entertainment Skills Council (MESC)
- Tourism and hospitality Skill Council (THSC)
- Electronics Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI)
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC)
- Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC)
- Food Industry Capacity and Skill Initiative (FICSI)
- Logistics Skills Council (LSC)
- India Plumbing Skills Council (IPSC)
- Capital Goods Skill Council
- Construction Sector Skill Council
- Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council
- Iron and Steel Sector Skill Council
- Power Sector Skill Council
- Skill Council for Mining Sector
- Textile Sector Skill Council
- Apparel made ups and home furnishing sector skills council
- Beauty and wellness sector skills council
- Handicrafts and Carpet Sector Skills Council
- Green jobs sector skills council
- Domestic Workers Sector Skills Council of India
- Furniture and fittings skills council
- Instrumentation Automation Skills Council
- Coating and Painting Sector Skills Council
- Strategic Manufacturing Skills Council
- Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC)
- Sports Sector Skills Council
- Entrepreneurship, Management Services and Training Sector Skill Council
- Hydro Carbon Sector Skill Council (Oil and Gas)
- PwD sector skills council (Persons with Disabilities)
Upcoming Sector Skill Councils (SSCs)
- Earthmoving & infrastructure building sector skill council
- Chemical and Petro Chemical Sector Skill Council (proposed)
Advantages of chemical drain cleaners include ready availability of some formulations through retailer stores and potential ease of use for removing soft hair and grease clogs that accumulate close the drain openings.
We have a successful course for DTP and Printing Technology. But since there is no SSC for that, students are facing problems. It would be better, if you could start an SSC for DTP and Offset/Digital Printing Technology
Healthcare Skill council is not listed above
now i’m working under skill development company.. i’m a trainer
My Domain is IT/ITES…
i need some idea’s for my job..
what are ways available for improve my career…..
Sir / ma’am
Greetings of the day
Presently I’m working on as plumber consultant in clan prakash skill development pvt Ltd .
I want to do training of assessor (ToA) .
Please tell about me procedure . how can I catch training partner and training calendar.
Please help me
Sir plz massage me exam date..
I want chemical skill .Inform me. yours faithfully,N.Srinivasan I am a chemical engineer.Thanking you.