Here are some News Bytes covering various happenings and updates in the industry, government and other stakeholders in the skilling and VET space. The news and latest happenings could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector. The News Bytes curated and adapted from various sources* with the sole objective of keeping our readers informed about the evolving skills industry in India and how they can be a part of it.
Update from ASDC: Mr Arindam Lahiri joins Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC) as the CEO.
- The Apparel and Design Centre (ATDC) will collaborate with with EGMM, Telangana State Government to provide o provide free residential training for inter pass students
- Akzonobel India, makers of Dulux Paints and SOS Children’s Villages Of India launch career skilling programs in line with Skill India Mission. The collaboration aims to uplift the lives of young people under the care of SOS Children’s Villages of India through AkzoNobel’s “Let’s Colour” program, run under AkzoNobel’s flagship Dulux brand. The initiative is designed to use education and renovation to drive a positive impact on youth unemployment.
- Delhi will be home to 6 world class skill centres by March 2019 and the admissions will be announced soon.
- Old railway buildings and abandoned structures will be transformed into skill hubs for manufacturing units in the coal town of Dhanbad. This is intended at providing sustainable source of income to skilled women.
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) skill training centre at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in Odisha’s Khurda. The centre through its unique hub and spoke model will provide training to youths of Odisha in tailoring, data entry operator, plumbing and automobile. http://news.statetimes.in/kvk-starts-200-hours-skill-development-programme/
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Rajouri under the patronage of Directorate of Extension, SKUAST-Jammu started a special programme of 200 hours on Vermi-compost Producers under Skill Development programme sponsored by Agriculture Council of Skill India.
Business Opportunities: RFP, EOI and other announcements
RFP For Content Development from Automotive Skill Development Council
Maharashtra State Rural Livelihood Mission MSRLM DDU-GKY Sagarmala Project
NSDC empanelment of sending organizations for TITP
EOI for selecting sending organizations for TITP
- Himachal Pradesh to provide skill development training to 1 lakh youth Under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Asian Development Bank funded Kaushal Vikas Yojana and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Kaushalya Vikas Yojana
- Over 10.09 lakh people out of 33.93 lakh trained under Skill India Mission’s Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) have got jobs, with Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu reporting highest placements.
- In Goa Deccan Fine Chemicals one of the leading players in pharmaceuticals, animal health and agrochemicals, recently announced a skill development program in their Corlim plant for Goan youth.
- Indian Paint Industry estimated to reach INR 70,000 crore by 2021-22: IPA
- Paint & Coatings Skill Council (PCSC), a body affiliated with IPA, announced the launch of an Apprenticeship Training Programme in association with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for developing skilled manpower for the industry.
- India’s Air Passenger Traffic To Cross A Billion In 2040: Vision Document: As per the document the total passenger traffic (to, from and within India) in India is expected to rise nearly six-fold from 187 million in FY 2018 to around 1124 million in FY 2040. This includes around 821 million domestic passengers and around 303 million international passengers (to and from India).
- Centre to stop skill training, jobs scheme for J&K youths: The decision to withdraw the SII, it is learnt, was based on multiple factors, including the fact that not many youths showed interest in taking up employment outside the Valley, and MNCs were unable to provide all opportunities in Kashmir.
- Punjab gets its first skill centre on agriculture: With competency standards, development of national occupational standards, and sector-specific jobs, the centre will cater to youngsters on agriculture-related career opportunities.
- CII organizes Skill Dialogue on importance of ToTs in Jammu: Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized J&K Skill Dialogue on the theme “Importance of Training the Trainers”.
- Microsoft India to set up 10 AI Labs, skill over 10000 developers, and train 5 lakh youth across universities in the country: Microsoft India announced on Wednesday to establish 10 new Artificial Intelligence Labs across the universities in the country along with training 5 lakh youth and skill over 10000 developers over the next three years.
- IGNOU starts a certificate course in Fashion Design: The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) has started a certificate programme in Fashion Design. The Fashion Design certificate course has been started by IGNOU under its Vocational Education and Training.
- NSDC Partner Orane joins hands with Bhartiya Skill Development University (BSDU) to launch degree level programs in Beauty & Wellness
- MSU inks pact with ATDC for skill development: The Department of Clothing and Textile of M S University’s Faculty of Family and Community Sciences on Saturday inked a MoU with the Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC) to provide skill development training in the apparel sector.
*IMPORTANT: These news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will immediately remove the link to your content.