SkillConnect: A platform for blue-collar skilling to meet the demands of the industry. Launching on 30th August 2018, to help the blue collar skilling ecosystem to meet the demands of the Industry. Venue:Constitution Club of India, New Delhi. Click here for Online Registration.
Industries today need a skilled workforce to meet the high expectations of the new-age customers. There are many industries that are growing robustly but are facing various challenges with skilling.
The following are some of the pressing pain points that employers face.
- Severe shortage of skilled manpower
- Sourcing challenges related to geographic location, migratory population, middlemen, etc.
- Need of training in soft skills, industry specific skills, etc to meet customer expectations.
- Post sourcing challenges related to quick on-boarding and background verification
- Challenges & loss of productivity in continuous skilling, up-skilling and re-skilling of workforce, in order to meet changing market needs.
On the supply side, there are various skilling initiatives driven by government and industry bodies. But there are many challenges, some of the critical ones are as below.
- Lack of data on demand, specifically at a role/location level.
- Shortage of genuine job opportunities.
- Placement challenges related to geographic location of hiring companies, immediate openings, role – skill mismatch, etc.
- Post placement challenges related to candidate tracking leading to significant revenue loss.
- Uncertainty due to lack of predictable requirements from employers.
- Lack of placements adversely impacting new admissions.
- Challenges in keeping up with ever changing industry needs.
Betterplace is launching SkillConnect, a digital platform to help the blue collar skilling ecosystem to meet the demands of the Industry, on 30th August at the Constitution Club of India, New Delhi.
Honourable Shri. Anantkumar Hegde (Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship) will grace the occasion as the Chief Guest.
The participants would include Top Employers, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, NSDC, Sector Skill Councils, State Skill Development Missions, Other Central Ministries interested in Skilling, Thought Leaders in the Education space, Top Training Partners, Industry Associations and other Dignitaries.
Please register here, in case you are interested in attending
SkillConnect is a digital platform that helps bridge the demand – supply gap, by addressing the problem in a holistic way starting with demand aggregation, leading to skilling, certification, and placements.
The following are the benefits to the employers.
- Ability to help build a skill pool as per your future demand projections.
- Immediate access to a pool of trained, certified and verified candidates ready to enter the job market.
- Additional job skills and soft skills training through chatbot in vernacular languages to make candidates job-ready before deployment.
- Advantages of digital platform: Hiring made easy for any role, for any location, from accredited training institutes across India from the comfort of your office.
- Candidates available from 100% NSDC & Sector Skill Council accredited training partners, for blue collar roles like Security, Housekeeping, Drivers, Delivery, Electricians, Plumbers, Beauticians, etc (40+ Sectors/Industries and 2000+ Job Roles)
- Automatic on-boarding and background verification initiated.
The following are the benefits to the Training Partners.
- Ability to know industry demand in advance, so that you can train students accordingly for roles in high demand.
- Immediate access to pool of verified job opportunities and employers ready to hire.
- Additional job skills & soft skills training through chatbot in vernacular languages in order to make candidates job-ready before deployment.
- Advantages of digital platform: Placement for multiple roles, for multiple locations in reputed companies across India from the comfort of your institute.
- Exclusively for 100% NSDC & Sector Skill Council accredited training partners, for blue collar roles like Security, Housekeeping, Drivers, Delivery, Electricians, Plumbers, Beauticians, etc (40+ Sectors/Industries and 2000+Job Roles)
- Ability to track candidates post placement.
SkillConnect is brought to you by BetterPlace.