To address the current skill gaps in the country, Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship (MSDE), under its partnership with IBM, has launched a free digital learning platform called SkillsBuild Reignite along with a SkillsBuild Innovation Camp.
IBM India, in partnership with Directorate General of Training (DGT), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, and its implementation partners, made the SkillsBuild online learning platform available to Indian students through Bharatskills (https://bharatskills.gov.in) of DGT.
Highlights of the SkillsBuild Reignite platform
- The SkillsBuild Reignite tends to provide job seekers and entrepreneurs, with access to free online coursework and mentoring support designed to help them reinvent their careers and businesses.
- Job seekers, individual business owners, entrepreneurs and any individual with learning aspirations can now tap into a host of industry relevant content on topics including Artificial intelligence, Cloud, Data analytics and security to reskill and upskill themselves for free of cost.
- Courses for small business owners include, for example, financial management, business strategy, digital strategy, legal support and more.
- IBM volunteers will serve as mentors to some of the 30,000 SkillsBuild users in 100 communities in at least five major regions worldwide to help reinvigorate local communities.
Congratulating DGT and IBM India for their collaborative efforts to bridge the skills gap in the country through this initiative, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship said, “today, we mark a significant milestone in supporting Centre’s efforts in accelerating Indian economy’s revival from the adverse effects of COVID with the launch of SkillsBuild Reignite and Innovation Camp, in collaboration with IBM India. IBM‘s expertise in providing multifaceted digital skill training in the area of Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence (AI) will strengthen our efforts in the recovery of local workforces, communities and economies by supporting job seekers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses.”
In appreciation of the commendable role played by IBM India, Shri Praveen Kumar, Secretary, MSDE said that “Our mission is to empower next gen with new age skills and make them future ready. Our collaboration with IBM will help us address the widening skill gap in the country and create a culture of up-skilling. IBM’s SkillsBuild Reignite platform provides the right set of tools, innovative approach and access to mentors for students to thrive in this competitive environment”.
What is the SkillsBuild Innovation Camp
- The SkillsBuild Innovation camp is a 10 week program which supports 100 hours of structured learning to learners who are interested in gaining hands-on project experience to enhance learning and are intent on building their network and enhancing their employability.
- With the guidance of expert facilitators, IBM volunteers and coaches, the students will be guided through the design thinking process and learn strategic methods to craft their problem statement, ideate creatively, solve complex problems more quickly, design an innovative user experience and tell compelling stories.
- The SkillsBuild Innovation Camp concludes with a pitch to facilitators, other teams, stakeholders and potential employers or investors.
Also read: NSDC partners upGrad to expand the reach of online skilling programs https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsdc-partners-upgrad-to-expand-the-reach-of-online-skilling-programs/
DGT has in the past one year collaborated with many digital industry front-liners to enable the students to become industry-ready. One such strong and growing partnership has been between DGT and IBM India with some unique and first of a kind program. IBM has committed to provide multifaceted digital skill training in the area of Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to students & trainers across the nation in the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) and Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).