In this digital age, coding has become an essential skill for everyone. Listed as one of the top 7 skills under the proposed PMKVY 4.0, coding also has a huge scope for jobs and other forms of employment. The fact that the skill is accessible to everyone and is no longer just for software geeks or programmers reiterates the ease of learning coding. The statement is furthered by CBSE’s recent announcement of introducing coding and AI courses for students of classes 6 to 8. And learning to code has never been easier with so many resources and free online platforms.
So, why is coding going to be the most important skill for youth in 2023? How and where can you learn the skills? Let’s dive in and find out!
Top 5 reasons why you should learn coding in 2023
Technology is evolving at an exponential rate in today’s digital world, transforming the way we work, live, and communicate. Coding has become one of the most vital skills in the face of fast technological intervention, not just for IT professionals, but for anyone who wants to learn the skill and be successful.
Here are seven reasons why coding is going to be the most important skill for youth in 2023:
- Future-proof career: With the increasing reliance on technology in various fields, coding skills are becoming more and more valuable. Having coding skills can future-proof your career by opening up a wide range of opportunities in various industries.
- Increased demand for skilled professionals: With every enterprise becoming a digital enterprise skilled tech professionals are in high demand not only in India but also across the world. By learning to code, you can access this growing job market and potentially secure a rewarding career in digital technology.
- Enhanced problem-solving skills and creativity: Learning to code is not just about programming, it’s about developing a structured approach to problem-solving. Also, coding is a highly creative process that enables you to transform your ideas into reality. By learning to code, you can explore your creativity, unlock your imagination and bring your ideas to life.
- Improved career satisfaction: Due to the high demand for tech professionals, salaries in the tech industry are also high. Learning to code can potentially lead to a competitive salary and improve your career satisfaction.
- Varied applications across industries: Coding skills are versatile and can be applied across industries, making them a valuable asset to have. Whether you’re interested in healthcare, finance, education, or any other industry, coding skills can be useful and relevant. By learning to code, you can develop skills that can be applied to the field that interests you the most. Both these points need some tweaking – they are sounding repetitive from previous articles and will be common to all tech articles
Top 5 free online learning portals to learn coding skills
So, if you are interested in learning how to code, but don’t know where to start, then here is a list of a few free online platforms to help you get started,
Google Digital Garage
The initiative from Google Digital Garage offers free online courses on topics ranging from coding to marketing. It’s a great platform to start learning to code, and it provides a wide range of resources to help you develop the skills you need for the future. Visit the link to know more – https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage
The platform, which is an initiative by tech giant IBM, offers free digital learning resources for anyone interested in technology. It provides a range of courses that cover various topics, including Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Cybersecurity. Website link for your reference – https://skillsbuild.org/
SSC NASSCOM FutureSkills Prime
The digital learning platform is an initiative from the IT – ITes SSC NASSCOM. It’s one of the most popular technology skilling hubs in India which offers a wide range of free courses to help you build your tech skills. To know more, please visit FutureSkills Prime’s official website – https://futureskillsprime.in/
AWS Skill Builder
AWS Skill Builder is a learning centre that provides access to a range of free courses and resources designed to help you build in-demand cloud skills. It’s a great platform to start learning to code, and it provides a range of resources to help you develop the skills you need for the future. Visit their website and explore more – https://explore.skillbuilder.aws/learn
Microsoft India Skilling Initiative and Skills for Jobs programme
Microsoft India Skilling Initiative is a great platform for those looking to gain skills in coding, AI, and other areas of technology. It offers a range of free courses and resources to help you learn and develop the skills you need to succeed. Also, Microsoft has recently announced free access to 350 courses under its Skills for Jobs programme which is in collaboration with LinkedIn.
Coding is going to be the most important skill for youth in the years to come. And learning the skill has also become accessible to everyone through various free online learning platforms. These platforms provide a wealth of information to assist you in achieving your goals, whether you are interested in coding for personal projects or to enhance your career. So, what are you waiting for? Start exploring these platforms and embark on your coding journey today!
Leave a Reply