If you aspire to be part of the future workforce, it is important to realize that relying on traditional skills alone may put your career at risk. Given the ubiquitous role of technology in almost every industry, it’s inevitable that the nature of jobs will undergo significant changes in the near future. To stay relevant and employable, it will be imperative for the future workforce to possess specific industry 4.0 skills.
The Indian government’s proposed PMKVY 4.0 initiative has emphasized the importance of developing such skills in certain industries, thereby providing valuable guidance on which skills to acquire to ensure career longevity. Read on to know more about the in-demand skills under the proposed PMKVY 4.0.
Top 7 future skills under proposed PMKVY 4.0
The primary objective of the proposed PMKVY 4.0 is to prepare the youth for the future job market. The program aims to train hundreds of thousands of young people in the next three years, offering courses that focus on Industry 4.0 skills, Coding, Drones, and Soft Skills.
Here are the top 7 skills that will future-proof your career,
- 3D printing
Skills under proposed PMKVY 4.0 and the scope of employment
Now, we know as a student what would kindle your interest and force you to look deeper into the skills. Of course, we are talking about the Scope of employment.
It might also interest you to read: The future of IoT in India: Opportunities for career growth and must-have skills
If you acquire skills in areas such as Coding, AI, Robotics, Mechatronics, IoT, 3D printing, and drones through proposed PMKVY 4.0, you can expect to have a plethora of employment opportunities across various industries.
- Coding: In Coding, for instance, you could find employment as a software engineer, web developer, mobile app developer, or full-stack developer.
- AI: For AI, industries such as healthcare, finance, manufacturing, retail, and e-commerce are looking for AI engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, or AI developers.
- Robotics: In the field of Robotics, you can find employment in manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and defense as robotics engineers, automation engineers, or mechatronics engineers.
- Mechatronics: Similarly, in Mechatronics, you can work in various industries as mechatronics engineers, automation engineers, or control systems engineers.
- IoT: In IoT, you could work as an IoT architect, IoT developer, or IoT project manager in industries such as healthcare, agriculture, transportation, and smart cities.
- 3D printing: Similarly, you can find employment in 3D printing as a 3D printing technician, 3D printing engineer, or product designer.
- Drones: Lastly, in drones, industries such as agriculture, mining, search and rescue, aerial photography, and surveying are constantly seeking drone pilots, drone operators, or drone maintenance technicians.
Acquiring skills in these areas under the proposed PMKVY 4.0 can provide you with a promising career path and diverse employment opportunities across various industries.
Leave a Reply