In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on the third NEP 2020 orientation workshop for colleges, universities, and training organizations, Resettlement Training Program by RDSDE Telangana along with NLC India’s partnership with TNSDC and NTTF to provide job-oriented skill development training. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- RDSDE Telangana has partnered with DGR for a Resettlement Training Program, aiming to enhance employability in aerospace, aviation, capital goods, and automotive sectors for 70,000 Armed forces personnel post-superannuation.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a Kendriya Vidyalaya and laid foundations for six projects at NIT Rourkela, focusing on enhancing campus life in line with NEP 2020.
- The Union Cabinet has approved for the Pradhan Mantri Janjati Adivasi Nyaya Maha Abhiyan (PM-JANMAN), which will focus on 11 critical interventions across various ministries, for providing essentials like houses, water supply, and roads.
Skill development news from the industry
- HSSC has signed an MoU with AIIMS to improve the competencies and skills of healthcare professionals, aims to provide advanced training programs.
- The Apparel Made-Ups and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSSC) to open 9 new Centres of Excellence across India, to advancing skills and knowledge in the apparel industry.
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation India has partnered with TNSDC and NTTF to provide job-oriented skill development training for 540 wards of project-affected families in Neyveli.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- ITI in Indore have partnered with pharmaceutical and automobile companies to establish labs for learning advanced technologies for training the youths.
- Jammu and Kashmir’s ITI Rajouri, under the Skill India Program, is providing extensive skill training in fashion, computers, and awareness for Women’s Empowerment.
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing the third batch of our online interactive workshop “NEP 2020 Orientation for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations” on December 16th, 2023.
- Date: December 16th, 2023
- Time: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Participant fee: Rs. 750/-
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-workshop/
To know more about the workshop, click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-for-colleges-universities-and-training-organizations-an-online-interactive-workshop/
Skill development news from the academia
- SIHM Tirupati is offering professional education in hospitality, catering technology, and applied nutrition for 10th pass and inter pass students, helping them excel and enhance their skills to meet industry needs.
- To equip students and teachers with essential skills and contribute to the future of the school ecosystem, Zamit has partnered with The Future Foundation.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: Andhra Pradesh, through APSSDC, is launching ‘Leading towards Next Age Programs’ to revolutionize talent development and bridge the gap between industry demands and workforce skills.
- Kerala: ASAP Kerala has partnered with dSPACE, a global leader in mechatronics software, to generate job opportunities for skilled youth.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.