In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on a workshop focusing on NEP 2020 for colleges and higher education institutions, the launch of Bhartiya Bhasha Utsav, 3-day Capacity Building Program by NIESBUD, launch of 5G Experience Centre in Guwahati. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE has organized ‘Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta’ cleanliness drive to support ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ 2023 in both rural and urban areas as part of special campaign 3.0.
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched Bharatiya Bhasha Utsav and a tech summit in New Delhi to promote Bharatiya languages in education in alignment with NEP-2020.
- MSDE has announced its active participation in Special Campaign 3.0 to improve workspace management and efficiency in national institutes and organizations.
- India and Malta conducted their third round of Foreign Office Consultations, with a focus on strengthening relations in areas like trade, investments, skill development, and the pharmaceutical sector.
Skill development news from the industry
- The North Eastern Council, in collaboration with the TSSC, has launched a ‘5G Experience Centre’ in Guwahati which aims to enhance skills and offer NCVET-certified telecom industry courses for certification to candidates.
- SHRM India and HSSC have partnered through an MOU to revamp skill development and capacity building in the Indian workforce.
- NRFMTTI signed an agreement with Mahindra and Mahindra to train youth in farm mechanization, aiming to align their skills with industry needs and bridge the gap.
- The Adani Skill Development Center (ASDC), established by the Adani Foundation, has received the esteemed Best Practice in Digital Transformation award from the CII-Tata Communications Center for Digital Transformation.
Skill development news from the academia and ITIs
- NIESBUD conducted a 3-day Capacity Building Program from September 27 to 30, 2023, to help existing enterprises scale up their business activities. Read more…
- SPPU is set to introduce a four-year degree course plan in line with the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, and admissions for these programs will commence in the upcoming academic year.
- TSRTC has launched a new ITI college in Hakeempet, Telangana, offering Motor Mechanic Vehicle and Mechanic Diesel trades for 10th standard qualified students, starting this academic year.
Team NSN is organizing an online interactive workshop on ‘NEP 2020 for Colleges and Higher Education Institutions’ on October 20th, 2023. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-for-colleges-and-higher-education-institutions/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: The State Taxes Department of Jammu and Kashmir signed an MoU with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for cooperation in capacity building, skill development, and knowledge sharing.
- Nagaland: ICAR KVK Longleng organized a 5-day training on “Backyard Poultry Rearing for Income Generation” to develop rural youth’s skills and explore poultry farming potential.
- Uttarakhand: Samagra Shiksha Uttarakhand and Swiss Education Group, Switzerland, signed an MoU to improve tourism and hospitality training for students in Uttarakhand from classes 9th to 12th.
- Tripura: The government of Tripura has committed to prioritize the development of school infrastructure and the introduction of the NCERT syllabus, along with several other educational initiatives, to enhance the quality of education.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.