In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on NEP 2020 orientation workshop for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations, opening of Wollongong and Deakin University campuses at GIFT City. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- Union Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Australian Education Minister Mr. Jason Clare has announced the opening of Wollongong and Deakin University campuses at GIFT City, aligning with NEP 2020’s vision of international education.
- MSDE has announced the launch of Training of Master Trainers and Assessors Program under PM Vishwakarma scheme, empowering artisans in identified trades.
- The government aims to provide training to 600,000 traditional artisans and craftspeople in the current fiscal year under the PM Vishwakarma scheme.
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing the next batch of our online interactive workshop “NEP 2020 Orientation for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations” on November 18th, 2023.
Date: November 18th, 2023
Time: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
Participant fee: Rs. 750/-
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-workshop/
To know more about the workshop, click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-for-colleges-universities-and-training-organizations-an-online-interactive-workshop/
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC International and We One, a DP World subsidiary in Dubai, have signed an agreement to boost skill development and employment opportunities for the front-line workforce.
- OdinSchool has partnered with NSDC to revolutionize skill development in India, learners will complete OdinSchool’s data science and web developer courses and receive certificate by NSDC.
- Deakin University and NSDC International have partnered to launch the Global Job Readiness Program (GJRP), providing essential skills to prepare young professionals for today’s industry demands.
- NSDC and Mondelez India collaborate to empower 660 youngsters in Bhind and Pune across six unique job roles, tailored to the local context.
- Amid the booming electronics manufacturing market, apprenticeship demand in the sector surged by 93% in the fourth quarter of FY22–23, as per a TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship report.
- BITS Pilani has announced a collaboration with Airlinq to introduce 5G and IoT innovation in India.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- NTPC backed two-year Turner vocational course in mechanical engineering was launched at ITI Gola aimed at fostering skill development among youth.
- To address the skill gap in the state’s industrial sector, the government of Goa is planning to upgrade government-run Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) into centers of excellence (CoE).
- ITI Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir, to provide skills training in various trades for unemployed youths, enhancing their employability.
- Skill Education in ITIs introduces a new subject – “Skill Thoughts of Great Men,” focusing on the insights of historic personalities in Maharashtra.
Skill development news from the academia
- The Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) Kanpur announced three key partnerships with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), and Dassault Aircraft Services India (DASI) on November 9, 2023.Read more…
- Mumbai University to introduce four-year degree courses under NEP 2020 from 2024-25. Implementation will be through a cluster system, with a lead college overseeing groups of eight to ten colleges.
- Five MoUs were signed between Indian and Australian education institutions to boost research collaborations in agriculture, water management, critical minerals, healthcare, AI, renewable energy, and climate change, while promoting student mobility.
- The University Grants Commission has formed a seven-member national-level committee to revise the guidelines for vocational courses.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jharkhand: The Jharkhand Cabinet has given approval for a Rs 1,485-crore electrification scheme and free training for 15 novice pilots at the upcoming pilot training academy in Dumka.
- Karnataka: The Karnataka government has launched a revised draft Electric Vehicle policy (2023-28) with the goal of attracting Rs 50,000 crore in investments and generating job opportunities for one lakh people over the next five years.
- Nagaland: Nagaland Labour Department, in collaboration with Zynorique Initiatives, has developed a skill proficiency testing panel and grading system for construction workers, aiming to assess qualifications and skills in various disciplines.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.