In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) from CGSSC, TNSDC and MSDE, Development of Skills for Industry 4.0, launch of AI Odyssey by Microsoft, launch of ‘5G Communication Technology’ course by APSSD. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, attended the inaugural session on Building Workforces for Future: Development of Skills for Industry 4.0 and highlighted the development of global network for skill development at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2024. Read more…
- India targets a higher education enrolment ratio of 50% by 2030, up from the current 27%, as part of its goal to become a developed economy by encouraging more people to join the skilled workforce.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan attends National Kala Utsav 2023, promoting artistic talents and skills development, aligning with NEP 2020’s focus on play-based learning for 21st-century leadership.
Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) from CGSSC, TNSDC and MSDE
CGSSC-EOI for Training Partners
The Capital Goods and Strategic Skill Council (CGSSC) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from potential Training Partners for undertaking a Placement Linked Skill Development Training Program in Andhra Pradesh. The last date is January 25th, 2024.
To access the EOI document, click here.
TNSDC-EOI for Master Trainers and Master Assessor
Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Master Trainer and Master Assessor for Skill Development Training’s under Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC). Last date to apply is March 31st, 2024. Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their application through online here – https://www.tnskill.tn.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/MasterTOT.pdf
Request for Proposal (RFP) by MSDE for Selection of Consultancy Firm/Agency for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has released a bid document regarding Selection of Consultancy Agency/Firm for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) to support the implementation of the scheme Skill India Program. The last date to apply is January 30th, 2024. To access the document, click on the link here: https://www.msde.gov.in/sites/default/files/2024-01/bid%20document.pdf
Skill development news from the industry
- Counsel India and Medhavi Skill University have launched Pragati 2024, a collaborative effort for shaping the future of skill development.
- Quess Corp shares surged 2.3% to Rs 527.4 on BSE for the fourth consecutive session after signing an agreement with Gujarat Technical University for skill assessment and employment programs.
- Microsoft had launched AI Odyssey, an initiative to skill 100,000 developers in India on the latest AI technologies, offering a comprehensive learning experience for executing business-aligned AI projects.
- Pearson has collaborated with Buddha Group of Institutions in Karnal to offer BTEC courses in Art and Design, Business Management, providing specialized vocational skills.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The government of Madhya Pradesh to open ITIs at the tehsil level with emphasising the importance of equipping youth with practical skills.
- Putzmeister Concrete Machines Pvt Ltd, Verna, has signed an MOU with DSDE to upgrade the welding course at ITI Panaji, addressing the skill gap in vocational courses.
In 2024 – watch out for our workshops, webinars and virtual events- kindly fill in the form to let us know about your interest!
Click the link: NSN workshops, webinars and virtual events.
Skill development news from the academia
- DGCA has approved two new flying training organisations (FTOs), Dunes Aviation Academy, Gujarat and Indian Flying Academy in Madhya Pradesh in the backdrop of training more ab-initio pilots in India.
- APSSDC, TSSC, and DADB had launched ‘5G Communication Technology’ course for Engineering students in Andhra Pradesh, providing high-quality online education and hands-on training.
- NCVET with the Department for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities had released inclusive Accessibility Standards Guidelines for both physical and digital skill training, along with the launch of a 70-hour interactive Employability Skills course for individuals with disabilities.
- Maharashtra universities aim to increase student enrollments through the ‘School Connect’ campaign, by promoting the flexibilities of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) is offering Skill Up – 2024, a program in collaboration with ExcelR to enhance final-year students’ employability with in-demand Campus Recruitment Training (CRT) skills.
- Goa: The government of Goa had launched a dual degree program, promoting skill development and inclusivity. Students can acquire skills at ITIs alongside their graduation from the next academic year.
- Ladakh: Government Degree College Kargil had launched free short-term courses under PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 4.0. (PMKVY) Courses in Traditional Hand Embroiderer and Graphic Designer for non-college, school dropout, and unemployed youth.
- Tamil Nadu: At the Global Investors Meet 2024 in Chennai, talks on unlearning, upskilling, and reskilling were prominent during a session on ‘Skilling for the Future’ involving government, academia, and industry representatives.
- Telangana: The Telangana Government to unveil a Mega Master Plan – 2050 to achieve industrial growth and create jobs for the nearly 35 lakh unemployed people.
To keep up with the recent updates from NSN, please follow our WhatsApp channel – https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va9EpiI9Gv7Q5RTN5I2E
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.