In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on the launch of Viksit Bharat @2047, Certificate Program in Banking, Finance, and Insurance, IndiaSkills 2023 along with German Varsity’s collaboration with Indian Sector Skills Councils. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- The Government has initiated measures to boost skill development and entrepreneurship across the country as part of the Skill India Mission under various schemes.
- PM Shri Narendra Modi has launched ‘Viksit Bharat @2047: Voice of Youth,’ a vision to develop India by 2047. The initiative focuses on economic growth, social progress, environmental sustainability, and good governance.
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC, Bajaj Finserv, and AICTE have signed two MoUs to introduce a Certificate Program in Banking, Finance, and Insurance, aiming to prepare young graduates for employment opportunities in the financial services sector.
- A collaborative survey by Life Skills Collaborative, in partnership with Breakthrough, Quest Alliance, and Pratham Education Foundation, reveals that 80% of rural Indian youth have not yet undertaken vocational or skill training, highlighting a substantial skills gap.
- NSDC and the government of Saudi Arabia have signed an MoU to protect the rights of skilled laborers from India. The skilled laborers can register at NSDC, allowing to track their destinations, job assignments, and associated employers.
- CKS and Esri India Technologies has partnered to launch ‘Master Mentors Geo-Enabling Indian Scholars’ (MMGEIS) program, aiming to make India a global hub for geospatial technology skills and innovation.
- German Varsity has collaborated with Indian Sector Skill Councils for certification courses in new-age disciplines, marking a milestone in accrediting the Nano Master program. The initiative aims to unite industry leaders in Electronics, Management, and Automotive sectors.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The Haryana government has approved for the establishment of a second Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Gharaunda town’s Yamuna belt.
- ITI Mallepally in Hyderabad has introduced Microsoft Learning Labs, emphasizing practical skills for the green industry through its specialised skilling programs.
Skill development news from the academia
- Nava Vocational Training Institute in Paloncha is now offering a six-month course in fire and industrial safety, free of cost. Students enrolled in the course will receive a stipend of Rs 1,250 per month.
- Punjab Agricultural University and ICAR, Ludhiana, via KVK Nawanshahr, organized a vocational course on “Mushroom Cultivation” from Dec 1-7. Participants received hands-on training in compost preparation and growing button mushrooms.
- IIT Kanpur and Kotak Mahindra Bank launched the Kotak School of Sustainability, offering UG and PG skill-building programs.
NSDC to host IndiaSkills 2023-24: Register now!
Last date to register: 20th December 2023
To register, please visit – https://www.skillindiadigital.gov.in/home
For more information, please visit – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/indiaskills-2023-register-now-to-showcase-your-skills-on-the-global-stage/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Goa: The government of Goa has announced that the apprenticeship experience certificate is mandatory for those seeking government jobs.
- Maharashtra: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has urged the government of Maharashtra to set up panel for job creation for youths and to study the potential of agricultural, tribal, organic farming and drones technology.
- Punjab: The government of Punjab to run a State Skill Training Scheme to provide skill training to the youth and enhance employability.
- Tamil Nadu: Sankalp has been certified by the National Institute of Open School as an Accredited Vocational Institute Centre. Admissions are now open for candidates with support needs and those aged 14 and above.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.