In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on the third NEP 2020 orientation workshop for colleges, universities, and training organizations, the inaugural Toy Production Unit in Nagaland, the first FSSAI government training institute at Haveri, and the 1st Australia India Education and Skill Council meeting co-chaired by the education ministers of India and Australia. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has co-chaired the 1st Australia India Education and Skill Council meeting and also held a bilateral meeting with HE Mr. Jason Clare, MP, Education Minister, Government of Australia, Read more…
- Salesforce collaborates with the Ministry of Education to upskill 100,000 students in high-demand tech fields by 2026 through free access to their online learning platform, Trailhead.
- IICA has collaborated with Lean Campus Startups and WEICI India to empower corporate and women entrepreneurs with training programs, enhancing their knowledge and skills in workforce management.
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing the third batch of our online interactive workshop “NEP 2020 Orientation for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations” on December 16th, 2023.
Date: December 16th, 2023
Time: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
Participant fee: Rs. 750/-
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-workshop/
To know more about the workshop, click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-for-colleges-universities-and-training-organizations-an-online-interactive-workshop/
Skill development news from the industry
- Salesian missionaries in India collaborate with partners to empower Dum Dum Correction Home inmates with skills training for successful employment upon release.
- Bharat Web3 Association and Maharashtra State Skills University (MSSU) has partnered to foster skill development for India’s Web3 sector through focused initiatives in education and research.
- The Logistics Sector Skill Council in India has partnered with IRU to enhance its driver training programs, ensuring internationally recognized standards.
- Amazon India has partnered with AICTE to expand the Amazon Women of the World initiative, which aims to empower and equip women engineering students with essential skills for success in the technology industry.
- FUEL partners with Karnataka Skill Development Corporation to train 1000 candidates in emerging fields like AI/ML, AI data science, cloud architect 2.0, and software engineering.
- Titan, in partnership with Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement, has successfully led the Viveka Tribal Centre for Learning, impacting over 1500 youth since 2012.
Skill development news from the academia
- IIM Jammu and SIDBI have partnered to launch a one-year Skill to Enterprise Module (STEM) program for students in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Centurion University in Odisha aligns with NEP 2020, introducing the Four-Year UG Program through its School of Undergraduate Studies in the upcoming 2023-24 academic session.
- First FSSAI government training institute has been set up in DSLD College of Horticulture Engineering and Food Technology at Haveri.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: Bombay Stock Exchange has collaborated with J and K Skill Development department to promote financial awareness for 1500 youth, focusing on redirecting investments to lucrative financial institutions.
- Karnataka: As part of the skilling program, the Government of Karnataka has announced that 100 engineering colleges from the state will be linked with 100 leading IT companies.
- Maharashtra: The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has been approved in Chinchwad for the construction of an Industrial Training Center and an International Skill Development Center.
- Nagaland: Nagaland secured a spot on the country’s industrial map with the inauguration of the Lady Bug Toy Production unit at the Industrial Training Institute in Kohima.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.