In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) from CGSSC, TNSDC and MSDE, ITEES Singapore collaboration with NAMTECH to transform vocational education and launch of infra projects in Kochi. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- To empower the youth of Tripura with demand driven, future ready and industry ready skills, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar launched skill development initiatives in Tripura on January 19th, 2024. Read more…
- PM Shri Narendra Modi has unveiled ₹4,000 crore infra projects in Kochi, including a new dry dock, Ship Repair Facility, and LPG terminal of Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) from CGSSC, TNSDC and MSDE
CGSSC-EOI for Training Partners
The Capital Goods and Strategic Skill Council (CGSSC) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from potential Training Partners for undertaking a Placement Linked Skill Development Training Program in Andhra Pradesh. The last date is January 25th, 2024.
To access the EOI document, click here.
TNSDC-EOI for Master Trainers and Master Assessor
Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Master Trainer and Master Assessor for Skill Development Training’s under Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC). Last date to apply is March 31st, 2024. Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their application through online here – https://www.tnskill.tn.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/MasterTOT.pdf
Request for Proposal (RFP) by MSDE for Selection of Consultancy Firm/Agency for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU)
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has released a bid document regarding Selection of Consultancy Agency/Firm for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) to support the implementation of the scheme Skill India Program. The last date to apply is January 30th, 2024. To access the document, click on the link here: https://www.msde.gov.in/sites/default/files/2024-01/bid%20document.pdf
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC has announced the Kaushal Mahotsav mega recruitment drive on January 21, 2024 to create an ’employment-ready’ workforce, offering on-the-spot job offers across sectors to the talented youth of Sambalpur, Odisha.
- NSDCI and Nippon Travel Agency signed an MoU to promote collaboration between India and Japan, focusing on creating awareness in Japan about hiring skilled professionals from India.
- Samsung has been honored with the ‘CSR Initiative of the Year’ award for its innovative skilling program, Samsung Innovation Campus, as part of the ESSCI National Skills Award for Eminence 2024.
- IBM has partnered with CTE Gujarat to boost technical education, leveraging IBM SkillsBuild for skills in AI, cybersecurity, hybrid cloud, and workplace development.
- NAMTECH has signed an MoU with ITEES Singapore to transform vocational education in India, featuring state-of-the-art labs and ISQ programs. Enrollment for the iPTP program begins in March 2024.
Skill development news from the academia
- The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has clarified STEM-OPT students can be hired by eligible start-ups that can support the training required during the extension.
- Uttar Pradesh’s Learning by Doing (LBD) initiative, linking school education with daily activities is set to expand to all 1772 schools in the upcoming academic session.
- The Asian Institute for Event Management (AIEM) has launched an innovative event management institute in Kolkata, offering hands-on learning through a unique curriculum.
- Government schools to introduce vocational education from the next academic year and proposed six schools in each district for the program.
- According to the ASER 2023 report, despite the focus on regional language education, about 25% of rural youth aged 14-18 struggle to fluently read a class 2 level text.
In 2024 – watch out for our workshops, webinars and virtual events- kindly fill in the form to let us know about your interest!
Click the link: NSN workshops, webinars and virtual events.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: The government of Andhra Pradesh to include the future skills training program in school curriculum for the students of grades 8 and above.
- Goa: Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation aims to complete 23 projects worth ₹465.76 crore in the next six months, including a ₹120.87 crore district and subordinate court in Merces.
- Himachal Pradesh: The government of Himachal Pradesh to send selected youth for agriculture training in Japan under JICA program to provide employment opportunities to the youth.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Jammu and Kashmir’s RDD and Panchayati Raj to partner with premier institutes as Project Implementing Agencies for a flagship skilling scheme, collaborating for outcomes-based initiatives.
- Rajasthan: Vocational training course in sewing and beautician skills was launched for Army families under project Saksham in Barmer.
- Telangana: The government of Telangana to establish skill upgradation centres and skill development universities in all districts to impart job-oriented skills to students.
- Uttar Pradesh: Over 10,000 IT aspirants from government-recognized engineering and polytechnic colleges will access global courses through the Skill Development Mission.
To keep up with the recent updates from NSN, please follow our WhatsApp channel – https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va9EpiI9Gv7Q5RTN5I2E
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.