In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on inauguration of rural skill development centers, IBM’s partnership with three entities collaborating with MeitY, universities and colleges to set up skill hubs under PMKVY 4.0. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Team NSN organized an online orientation workshop on National Education Policy (NEP 2020) for skill training companies on October 20th, 2023, which focused on exploring the education sector and how NEP 2020 can open up new avenues for skill development and training companies to collaborate with mainstream educational institutions.
Skill development news from the government
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate 511 rural skill development centers dedicated to the memory of the late Bharatiya Janata Party leader Pramod Mahajan in Maharashtra.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Hon’ble Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship honored 18 Indian candidates for their exceptional performance at the World Skills Competition 2022.
- The government of India launched ‘Apna Chandrayaan,’ a web portal with educational materials for students about Chandrayaan-3, developed by NCERT. It includes quizzes, puzzles, and 10 special modules on various aspects of the mission.
- Financial Services Secretary Mr. Vivek Joshi has urged the state officials to speed the implementation of PM Vishwakarma Scheme, recently launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Skill development news from the industry
- IBM has signed three MoUs with three entities collaborating with MeitY to boost innovation in AI, semiconductors, and quantum technology in India.
- Cairn Oil and Gas, subsidary of Vedanta Group, and Agriculture University, Jodhpur have signed an MoU to offer 15+ annual training programs to boost skills and employment in the region.
- XLRI Jamshedpur and Tata Steel Foundation (TSF) have signed an MoU to create a unique online post-graduate certificate program for the social-impact sector, with a 10-year focus on CSR and social-impact management skills.
- Hyundai Motor India Foundation (HMIF) had launched “Drive4Progress” to skill and employ 1,500+ youth in Haryana, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and West Bengal over 3 years.
- Deloitte India and Skill Development Institute, Bhubaneswar, has completed the first batch of a cybersecurity skill development program as part of a broader talent initiative in India’s emerging towns and cities.
- Medhavi Skills University (MSU) has signed an MoU with Aequs Private Limited and NSDC to provide a work-integrated Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program in Aerospace Manufacturing Technology.
- Pearson showcased workforce skills solutions at India’s largest edtech fair, DIDAC, aimed at preparing learners for the changing job market.
Skill development news from the academia
- UGC has urged universities and colleges to set up skill hubs under PMKVY 4.0, expanding skill training beyond traditional centers, as per MSDE.
- Mr. Nirmaljeet Singh Kalsi, Chairperson of NCVET, emphasizes that integrating skills into education narrows the gap between academic knowledge and job demands, enhancing graduates’ employability.
- IIT Delhi has signed an MoU with THDC India Limited for research and development in Science, Engineering, and Technology.
- India and Finland to boost educational ties and exports, while fostering vocational education collaboration with Indian officials.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Goa: Goa has begun implementation of NEP 2020 in colleges where 110 teachers from 39 disciplines from higher education institutes got training in digital education.
- Odisha: Union Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the “Super-Power Retailer” skill development program to train and enhance consumer experiences, contributing to India’s economic growth by empowering retailers.
- Maharashtra: Aptech Limited has launched ‘The Virtual Production Academy by Aptech’ in Mumbai, fostering skilled professionals in cutting-edge virtual production techniques, transforming Indian film-making and content creation.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.