In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on a workshop dedicated to empowering women making a career comeback, Indo-German Collaboration Webinar Series, delve into craft-centric learning through an engaging webinar, and the partnership between ASDC and GIZ India and the recently held FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- The government is seeking partnerships with training partners and India Inc to implement a Recruit-Train-Deploy model for PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana 4.0.
- The 14th Global Skills Summit took place in Delhi on September 20th and 21st, 2023, and was centred around fostering skills, empowering youth, and shaping the future.
Skill development news from the industry
- ASDC to launch new certified courses and provide on-the-job training to the candidates to enhance automotive skills and boost the auto industry.
- According to TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship, the Indian auto sector will see a 70-80 percent rise in demand for apprentices, which is influenced by macroeconomic factors and positive industry sentiments across all its segments.
- ASDC, in collaboration with GIZ India, has announced the launch of a short-term Electric technician course designed for ITI graduates and equipped with the necessary skills.
- The ‘Skill Financing in India’ report, was launched on September 20, 2023, by FICCI-KPMG, highlights that an excessive dependence on government funding has resulted in subpar outcomes concerning the quantity and quality of skilled individuals.
- The Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations in India (FFFAI) and LSC collaborated to conduct a webinar titled “Awareness Workshop on Apprenticeship Training.” The aim was to raise awareness among FFFAI member organizations.
Skill development news from the academia and ITIs
- Internshala Trainings, in collaboration with NSDC, to offer the ‘Internshala Skill India Scholarship’ to top-performing Indian college students, providing them with free government-accredited training programs worth Rs 1.5 crore.
- ICA Edu Skills has partnered with Indian universities for industry-focused courses. Students can enroll in a three-year full-time program, with two years of classroom training and one year of paid internship.
- A startup incubation centre, first such centre in an ITI in India will be set up at Jalna Industrial Training Institute in Maharashtra.
- The Assam Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department inaugurated the SCVT Management Information System (MIS) portal for ITIs in Assam.
- Government Industrial Training Institute (GITI) Kohima held its 2nd Convocation on September 19, featuring speeches, performances, and activities.
- Team NSN is organising a webinar on “Implementing Gandhian concepts of craft-centric education for 21st-century learning” on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti on September 29th,2023. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-webinar-on-implementing-craft-centric-education-for-21st-learning/
- German Varsity is organising the second webinar in the Indo-German Collaboration Webinar Series, which will be on the topic “Industrial Apprenticeships linkages for effective Vocational Education”.. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/indo-german-webinars/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Arunachal Pradesh: THSC and Research and Extension Association for Conservation Horticulture and Agro-forestry (REACHA) had launched the Home Stay Host training program to empower 160 youths.
- Mizoram: Mizoram celebrated ‘World Bamboo Day’ 2023 on September 18, 2023, by honoring outstanding achievements in bamboo cultivation and innovation, awarding categories like Best Individual Bamboo Plantation and more.
- Punjab: The Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) is enlisting training partners to equip youth with industry-relevant skills, improving their employability and livelihood prospects.
- Uttar Pradesh: The government of Uttar Pradesh has shortlisted 113 colleges to provide skill embedded BBA/BSc degree courses from academic session 2023-24 in retail, logistics, healthcare and tourism and hospitality designed by CRSIP.
- Tripura: The Tripura government plans to initiate a mission aimed at improving the socio-economic status of tribal communities in the state, with an estimated budget of Rs 30 crore.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.